Costessey mum hopes to help others lose weight
A Costessey mum-of-two is hoping to help others lose weight after she said dropping two dress sizes changed her life.
Sammy Dunthorne, 24 and from Queens Hills, weighed 12 stone 9lb and was a size 14/16 when she joined a local Slimming World group in February, and after losing two stone 6lb she is now a svelte size 10/12.
Miss Dunthorne, who has two children, Alexi, four, and Kelsi, two, said: 'Slimming World has really changed my life, and now I want to help others. Losing weight is a real confidence boost, and I have also got so much more energy with the children. I can run about with them and I don't get tired.'Now also able to enjoy clothes shopping much more and fit into sizes she last wore when she was 14 years old, Miss Dunthorne is hoping her story will inspire others as she takes over an existing Slimming World group at Queens Hills School.
She said: 'If there is one thing I would say, it would be 'come to group.' It is the start of your new life – what have you got to lose!'
Miss Dunthorne is tonight taking over the Tuesday evening group that meets at Queens Hills School at 7.30pm. For more information call Miss Dunthorne on 01603 734436 or 07814 013878.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 3 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 4 What next for The Birdcage in Norwich?
- 5 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 6 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 7 Norwich bar named among 30 best cocktail spots in UK
- 8 Car collides with bus near petrol station on Dereham Road
- 9 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 10 Neighbours of award-winning council estate blighted by rubbish and rats