Costessey mum hopes to help others lose weight
A Costessey mum-of-two is hoping to help others lose weight after she said dropping two dress sizes changed her life.
Sammy Dunthorne, 24 and from Queens Hills, weighed 12 stone 9lb and was a size 14/16 when she joined a local Slimming World group in February, and after losing two stone 6lb she is now a svelte size 10/12.
Miss Dunthorne, who has two children, Alexi, four, and Kelsi, two, said: 'Slimming World has really changed my life, and now I want to help others. Losing weight is a real confidence boost, and I have also got so much more energy with the children. I can run about with them and I don't get tired.'Now also able to enjoy clothes shopping much more and fit into sizes she last wore when she was 14 years old, Miss Dunthorne is hoping her story will inspire others as she takes over an existing Slimming World group at Queens Hills School.
She said: 'If there is one thing I would say, it would be 'come to group.' It is the start of your new life – what have you got to lose!'
Miss Dunthorne is tonight taking over the Tuesday evening group that meets at Queens Hills School at 7.30pm. For more information call Miss Dunthorne on 01603 734436 or 07814 013878.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 2 Bus routes affected by driver shortages in Norwich
- 3 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 4 Streets in Norwich close for car-free day
- 5 Bookshop to close with clothing store set to move in
- 6 The roadworks you need to know about in Norwich this week
- 7 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 New sculpture trail launched for park near Norwich
- 10 Warning to others after mum breaks leg using park zip wire