Costessey house burgled
Kate ScotterFamilies are being reminded to lock their doors after a home on the outskirts of Norwich was burgled.Kate Scotter
Families are being reminded to lock their doors after a home on the outskirts of Norwich was burgled.
The burglary took place at some time between 12.15am and 7am on Saturday, April 3 in Gunton Lane, New Costessey.
Thieves entered the property through an insecure back door and stole several items including a quantity of cash and a black 34 inch LG flat screen television.
An Apollo black and silver mountain bike, which was in poor condition, was also stolen from the garden.
You may also want to watch:
It is believed that due to the size and amount of property stolen, that more than one person was involved and that they left via a footpath at the end of Gunton Road which comes out on Marlpit Lane.
DC Carly Belcher, Bethel Street CID, said: 'I would like to remind people, especially with the weather improving, not to leave the doors and windows of their homes insecure, even when they are at home, as this can give thieves the perfect opportunity to enter and take property.'
- 1 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 2 Man, 47, in court on murder charge after Thorpe stabbing
- 3 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 4 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 5 Long-suffering A11 drivers to benefit as 50-year-old road replaced
- 6 Pet carer service's appeal to survive after Covid and faulty van struggles
- 7 Meat factory for sale for £1.2million earmarked for homes
- 8 Police and air ambulance called to major incident near Norwich
- 9 Story behind this famous photo of when Norwich went electric in 1957
- 10 £1.3m property for sale on one of most popular roads in Norwich
DC Belcher would like to hear from anyone who witnessed this particular incident or has information concerning it. She can be contacted on 0845 456 4567.