Costessey house burgled
Kate ScotterFamilies are being reminded to lock their doors after a home on the outskirts of Norwich was burgled.Kate Scotter
Families are being reminded to lock their doors after a home on the outskirts of Norwich was burgled.
The burglary took place at some time between 12.15am and 7am on Saturday, April 3 in Gunton Lane, New Costessey.
Thieves entered the property through an insecure back door and stole several items including a quantity of cash and a black 34 inch LG flat screen television.
An Apollo black and silver mountain bike, which was in poor condition, was also stolen from the garden.
You may also want to watch:
It is believed that due to the size and amount of property stolen, that more than one person was involved and that they left via a footpath at the end of Gunton Road which comes out on Marlpit Lane.
DC Carly Belcher, Bethel Street CID, said: 'I would like to remind people, especially with the weather improving, not to leave the doors and windows of their homes insecure, even when they are at home, as this can give thieves the perfect opportunity to enter and take property.'
- 1 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 2 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 5 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 6 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 7 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 8 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 9 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
- 10 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
DC Belcher would like to hear from anyone who witnessed this particular incident or has information concerning it. She can be contacted on 0845 456 4567.