Costessey house burgled
Kate ScotterFamilies are being reminded to lock their doors after a home on the outskirts of Norwich was burgled.Kate Scotter
Families are being reminded to lock their doors after a home on the outskirts of Norwich was burgled.
The burglary took place at some time between 12.15am and 7am on Saturday, April 3 in Gunton Lane, New Costessey.
Thieves entered the property through an insecure back door and stole several items including a quantity of cash and a black 34 inch LG flat screen television.
An Apollo black and silver mountain bike, which was in poor condition, was also stolen from the garden.
You may also want to watch:
It is believed that due to the size and amount of property stolen, that more than one person was involved and that they left via a footpath at the end of Gunton Road which comes out on Marlpit Lane.
DC Carly Belcher, Bethel Street CID, said: 'I would like to remind people, especially with the weather improving, not to leave the doors and windows of their homes insecure, even when they are at home, as this can give thieves the perfect opportunity to enter and take property.'
- 1 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 2 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 3 Calls for lines to be repainted at 'free-for-all' city roundabout
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 6 Teenage stabbing was 'rival gang revenge’ for YouTube videos
- 7 Four more roads in Norwich to close for resurfacing work
- 8 New Norwich shisha bar one of the best and cheapest spots for Turkish food
- 9 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 10 Looking back at one of the city's favourite outdoor swimming pools
DC Belcher would like to hear from anyone who witnessed this particular incident or has information concerning it. She can be contacted on 0845 456 4567.