Costessey and Trafford keep 100 per cent records intact
N AND S VETERANS: Kirkley & Pakefield went top of the Premier Division following their 5-0 win over local rivals Lowestoft Railway & Corton at Walmer Road. On target were top scorer Ian Wilson (on 13) with a hat-trick, Stuart Canham and Peter Holland.
Kirkley & Pakefield went top of the Premier Division following their 5-0 win over local rivals Lowestoft Railway & Corton at Walmer Road. On target were top scorer Ian Wilson (on 13) with a hat-trick, Stuart Canham and Peter Holland.
Poringland suffered a 4-1 home defeat at the hands of near neighbours Bungay whose goals were shared between Michael Earrye, Kevin Ellis, Adi Lee and leading marksman Mick Money (on 8).
In Division One both Costessey and Norwich Trafford retained their 100 per cent records beating Whitton Utd 3-2 and Acle 5-1 respectively. Jamie Boast, Terry Bolingbroke and Bob Sapey netted for Costessey whilst doubles from Josh Barzey (top scorer on 8) and Lee Robins, with one from Scott Ampleford completing the scoring for Trafford.
Unbeaten leaders of Division Two (East) Griffin were given a fright at home by Archant who were 3-1 up with 12 minutes to go. Top marksman Dan Barnstor (8) with another brace and Wayne Kay had earlier given the Pressmen the lead. Spixworth go second following their 3-2 success at Beehive with strikes from John Crickmore, Chris Hoye and Kirk Paulin.
You may also want to watch:
Horsford retain top spot in Division Two (West) after thrashing Attleborough 12-0 at home with Cringleford still hot on their heels following a 2-0 home win over Wymondham College. A first-half free-kick from George Wilson put Cringleford ahead but it was not until the 80th minute that Massood Birgani made the game safe.
Watton leapfrogged over Mulbarton to take over at the top of Division Three (North) with a double from the Division's top scorer Trevor Brown (on11) and one from Mark Ward in their 3-1 away win. Colin Gibbins replied.
- 1 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 2 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 3 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 4 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 5 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
- 7 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 10 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
Harleston OB inflicted a first defeat on Division Four (Central) leaders Thetford , winning 4-2 at home with goals from new signing Paul Bedwell, Gavin Durham (pen), Tony George and Paul Godbold.
In Division Four (East) Martham go into pole position after their 3-0 home win over Mutford & Wrentham. Scorers were Gary Adamson, Nigel Balls and Mark Randell. Sprowston slip into second place after drawing 1-1 at Spexhall with a John Kennedy effort.
The match of the day this Sunday is the League Cup semi-final clash between unbeaten First Division Norwich Trafford who entertain Poringland from the Premier Division.