Costessey and Trafford keep 100 per cent records intact
N AND S VETERANS: Kirkley & Pakefield went top of the Premier Division following their 5-0 win over local rivals Lowestoft Railway & Corton at Walmer Road. On target were top scorer Ian Wilson (on 13) with a hat-trick, Stuart Canham and Peter Holland.
Kirkley & Pakefield went top of the Premier Division following their 5-0 win over local rivals Lowestoft Railway & Corton at Walmer Road. On target were top scorer Ian Wilson (on 13) with a hat-trick, Stuart Canham and Peter Holland.
Poringland suffered a 4-1 home defeat at the hands of near neighbours Bungay whose goals were shared between Michael Earrye, Kevin Ellis, Adi Lee and leading marksman Mick Money (on 8).
In Division One both Costessey and Norwich Trafford retained their 100 per cent records beating Whitton Utd 3-2 and Acle 5-1 respectively. Jamie Boast, Terry Bolingbroke and Bob Sapey netted for Costessey whilst doubles from Josh Barzey (top scorer on 8) and Lee Robins, with one from Scott Ampleford completing the scoring for Trafford.
Unbeaten leaders of Division Two (East) Griffin were given a fright at home by Archant who were 3-1 up with 12 minutes to go. Top marksman Dan Barnstor (8) with another brace and Wayne Kay had earlier given the Pressmen the lead. Spixworth go second following their 3-2 success at Beehive with strikes from John Crickmore, Chris Hoye and Kirk Paulin.
Horsford retain top spot in Division Two (West) after thrashing Attleborough 12-0 at home with Cringleford still hot on their heels following a 2-0 home win over Wymondham College. A first-half free-kick from George Wilson put Cringleford ahead but it was not until the 80th minute that Massood Birgani made the game safe.
Watton leapfrogged over Mulbarton to take over at the top of Division Three (North) with a double from the Division's top scorer Trevor Brown (on11) and one from Mark Ward in their 3-1 away win. Colin Gibbins replied.
- 1 City folk baffled after being barricaded into their own homes
- 2 All you need to know ahead of The Killers concert at Carrow Road
- 3 Fears Spurs fans may infiltrate home end at Norwich City match
- 4 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
- 5 New Japanese bar and restaurant plans to open in Norwich next month
- 6 Do you own one of these toys which are selling for £1,000?
- 7 Man arrested after hundreds of cannabis plants seized in city
- 8 The top 7 fish and chip shops in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 9 One-bed maisonette is up for sale in one of the coolest parts of Norwich
- 10 Controversial work to weld bridge shut cancelled after legal row
Harleston OB inflicted a first defeat on Division Four (Central) leaders Thetford , winning 4-2 at home with goals from new signing Paul Bedwell, Gavin Durham (pen), Tony George and Paul Godbold.
In Division Four (East) Martham go into pole position after their 3-0 home win over Mutford & Wrentham. Scorers were Gary Adamson, Nigel Balls and Mark Randell. Sprowston slip into second place after drawing 1-1 at Spexhall with a John Kennedy effort.
The match of the day this Sunday is the League Cup semi-final clash between unbeaten First Division Norwich Trafford who entertain Poringland from the Premier Division.