Regional recruitment firm trains up 12 mental health first aid champions
- Credit: Cooper Lomaz
An East Anglia recruitment firm has committed to 'breaking the silence' around mental health with new staff training.
A group of 12 staff from Cooper Lomaz took part in the course to become mental health first aid champions.
Employees from the firm's offices in Norwich, Bury St Edmunds and Colchester took part in the training session on October 4, led by Anita Malster of Anglian Training.
Through staff engagement, Cooper Lomaz identified mental health as a topic that workers across its offices wanted to focus on in 2018.
Kieran Ashton, a consultant from the Bury St Edmunds office, said 'It's been nice to have the opportunity to go on this course to learn about a subject which is close to my own heart.'
You may also want to watch:
Simon Brown, managing director, said: 'Statistics show that one in four people in the UK will experience mental illness each year, and here at Cooper Lomaz we plan to do something about it.'
- 1 Ex-Canaries striker seals Championship move
- 2 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Revealed: New Anglia Square talks take place
- 5 New bid to limit city centre offices being turned into flats
- 6 New hotel could 'destroy character of Norwich Lanes'
- 7 Community shock after teenager knocked unconscious as robbers steal trainers
- 8 Big screen unveiled in pub garden for England's Auld Enemy clash
- 9 'Dull as dishwater' - Fans in Norwich pub react to draw
- 10 Have you visited any of these 'haunted' ruins in Norwich?