Concert in Norwich to remember missing loved ones
A special carol concert has been held in Norwich to remember missing loved ones
The East of England Co-operative Society organised the concert, which took place on Tuesday, December 4 at St Peter Mancroft.
The seasonal celebration was an opportunity to remember those who have passed away.
The service was conducted by the Rev Canon Peter Nokes with support from the Sacred Heart Convent School Choir of Swaffham, the children of Bignold Primary School in Norwich and the Norfolk Brass Band.
The Venerable Jan McFarlane, Archdeacon of Norwich, also delivered a Christmas homily.
The service was raising funds for six hospices across the region including East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH), Norfolk Tapping House and Priscilla Bacon Lodge Support Group.
The Society also made a charitable donation of �100 to Sacred Heart Convent School in Swaffham and �100 to Norfolk Brass Band in return for the band and choir's performances. The Society has also placed special Christmas Trees to Remember across Norfolk, Essex and Suffolk to be decorated with special messages and memories.
- 1 Shabby shed being used by car hobbyist is 'planning breach', council says
- 2 Riverside assault witness thought adults were breaking it up
- 3 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 4 Charity worker risks losing THOUSANDS due to ongoing moving delays
- 5 5 of the best heated pub gardens in Norwich
- 6 Tributes paid to city busman Peter, the 'life and soul' of his family
- 7 'It looks like a supermarket car park': Fury over floodlit city park
- 8 Rats and mice invading walls of city homes as winter kicks in
- 9 Teenage girls in hospital after unprovoked mob attack
- 10 MP to hold meeting over huge patient backlog at city surgery
To find your local Tree to Remember visit www.treetoremember.co.uk