Community Choirs scheme comes to Norwich
- Credit: Graeme Hopson
VivaVoices have broadened their horizons to Norwich and will be starting two choirs from September.
The group have five other 'singing for fun' choirs across East Anglia including in Bury St Edmunds, Newmarket, Stowmarket and Wymondham.
Graeme Hopson, 37, the founder of the organisation, said: 'This group is for people of all ages, genders, backgrounds and abilities.
'We have had people as young as 18 join us, but we have also had some who are 97.'
VivaVoices was founded in 2009 and offer a free taster session to new members.
You may also want to watch:
The Norwich choirs will meet for the first time on September 12, at Princes Street United Reformed Church between 1.15 to 2.45pm and 7.30 to 9pm.
Mr Hopson said: 'New people will get a warm welcome. You don't need to be able to read music to join the group and you won't have to sing on your own.'
- 1 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 2 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 3 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 4 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 5 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 6 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
- 7 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available
- 8 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 9 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 10 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
For more information you can ring Mr Hopson on 01284700286.