Comedy returns to the Unthank
The well-known Golden Triangle pub The Unthank Arms hosts its sixth comedy festival this week and the event is growing from strength to strength having gained a good reputation among visiting comics.
The event is this year being held in a large marquee in the pub's garden over three nights, each featuring an MC and two top-class comedians.
It attracts up to 250 comedy lovers each night who are entertained by some of the UK's best comedians.
Tuesday night's line-up includes satirical genius Nick Revell, who's credits include Friday Night Live and a Bafta for his writing on Drop The Dead Donkey, and sharp stand-up Rob Deering.
Taking to the stage on Wednesday will be Australian comic Yianni Agisilaou and deliverer of razor-sharp one-liners Gary Delany, who was once memorable described as 'the man Jimmy Carr wants to be'.
Thursday will see sets from comedy writer, director and performer John Gordillo, who has previously worked with Eddie Izzard, and comedy rapping duo Abandonman, winners of Hackney Empire New Act of the Year 2010.
MC on all three nights will be likeable stand-up Mowten, who has bags of charm and an easy manner and you may recognise from seen on the 5 O'Clock Show.
- 1 School sacks suspended teacher after investigation and petition
- 2 Former city sex shop up for sale
- 3 U-turn on city bike shop closure
- 4 Dispute with council over legal cannabis use following eviction from home
- 5 Man accused of murder refuses to appear in court
- 6 Fireworks, food stalls and music planned for jubilee party near Norwich
- 7 Road cleared following crash near KFC in Mile Cross
- 8 Norwich Western Link route change report delayed
- 9 'They want to suck your blood': Bed bugs invade city homes
- 10 'Awe and disbelief' as thousands of bees swarm pub garden
Each show starts at 7.30pm through the nightly festivities including the barbecue gets going from 5.30pm. This year there will also be live music from the Norwich Ukelele Society.
t Unthank Comedy Festival takes place at the Unthank Arms, Newmarket Street, Norwich, July 12-14, �12.50, 01603 508050, www.ueaticketbookings.co.ukwww.theunthankarms.com