Comedian Simon Evans to perform dates in Norwich
- Credit: Supplied by Norwich Playhouse
Comedian Simon Evans is set to perform multiple dates in Norwich.
After his last tour, Genius 2.0, which provided a hilarious analysis of the departure of any visible sign of intelligence from modern life, Evans is returning with a new show that will take place from February 8 - February 10 at the Playhouse.
This new show raises the stakes with his usual excoriating views of a world on fire - given a perspective shift due to personal revelations that have turned his world upside down this year.
His intelligent and independent scrutiny of the modern world, tongue-in-cheek, often rueful attachment to traditionalism, and his scepticism towards the claimed achievements of progressive politics and modernist aesthetics have set him apart from his contemporaries and given him a very loyal fan base.
As well as making him a firm favourite on the usual platforms - Live at the Apollo, the Edinburgh Festival and the corporate circuit in particular - these qualities allow him to provide and offer a diversity of views on TV and radio programmes - from BBC One's Question Time to Radio 4's The News Quiz.
You may also want to watch:
He has also written and presented five series of the economics/comedy hybrid Simon Evans Goes to Market, on that same network.
Simon Evans has been a regular face on the comedy circuit for the last two decades, and has performed popular and critically-acclaimed shows at venues and festivals around the world - inculding Montreal, New Zealand, South Africa, Hong Kong, Aspen, Switzerland, Norway and many more.
- Tickets to see Simon Evans from February 8 - February 10 at Norwich Playhouse are available for £13-£15 from the Norwich Theatre website
- 1 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 2 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 3 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 4 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 7 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 8 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 9 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 10 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub