Closed intu Chapelfield store set to reopen in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A well-known footwear brand is set to reappear on the Norwich high street two years after it shut at intu Chapelfield.
Jones Bootmaker is set to reopen in Brigg Street, which links Rampant Horse Street to Gentlemans Walk, in June 2019.
The shop was previously located in the north terrace in Chapelfield, opposite Zara, which is now Australian homewares retailer House.
Jones Bootmaker was saved from administration after a rescue deal from private equity firm Endless LLP in 2017 but it resulted in several underperforming shops closing, including Norwich and Ipswich.
The chain was purchased from Endless by Pavers Shoes in February 2018, which has 175 stores across the UK, with plans to grow the Jones Bootmaker brand.
You may also want to watch:
Pavers, which also purchased online retailer Herring shoes, is currently recruiting for a new store manager for the Norwich Jones Bootmaker store.
- 1 Two Norwich fish and chip shops named among top 50 in the country
- 2 Murder victim is named as accused under armed guard in hospital
- 3 Fashion chain's £50,000 debt written off
- 4 Father stabbed to death 'after argument about motorbike noise'
- 5 Man killed and three wounded in multiple stabbing
- 6 Man dies after 'industrial incident' at farm
- 7 Police and air ambulance called to major incident near Norwich
- 8 'I ran for my life' - Neighbour who saw fatal row tells of terror
- 9 Churros and Chorizo to open park cafe near Norwich
- 10 Man hiding in bathroom arrested after police find drugs at city home