Close shave for Norwich security guard in aid of air ambulance
Crowds gathered to see a Norwich security guard have his head shaved in public for charity, by his boss.
Bob Courson took part in a sponsored head shave in aid of the East Anglian Air Ambulance on Chapelfield Plain, where he works for Chapelfield Shopping Centre.
Bob's manager, Andy Macmillan, was on razor duty and was more than happy to help.
Mr Courson, 50, from Nethergate Street, Bungay, said: 'The missus will be glad when it's gone because I have been growing my hair for three months.
'It started out as a joke because I was losing my hair.
You may also want to watch:
'I have managed to raise �188 so far which is brilliant.'
Although Mr Courson had his hair shaved off, he decided to keep his beard.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 5 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 6 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 7 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 8 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 9 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 10 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station
Chapelfield Shopping Centre's general manager Davina Tanner added: 'Nothing like this has happened here before. Bob is a first responder in the centre and he has been trained by the ambulance service. It's a great charity to support.'
Are you raising money for charity? Call Local Life editor David Freezer on 01603 772418 or email firstname.lastname@example.org