Clive Lewis braced for pancake race at Westminster
- Credit: Oliver Dixon / Imagewise
Norwich South MP Clive Lewis will join media, lords and MPs from across the country for a race with a flipping good cause.
The annual Parliamentary Pancake Race raises awareness for disability charity Rehab, which provides training services to those at a disadvantage in the labour market.
Runners will don chefs' hats and pinnies as they race while flipping a pancake, and Alastair Stewart OBE will adjudicate the race.
MPs have come out on top for the past two years and Mr Lewis is hoping they can continue their winning streak.
He said: 'For the past two years, victory has been very sweet and I am certainly hoping to have my pancake and eat it. My motto will most definitely be to keep calm and flip on.'
You may also want to watch:
The event, which attracts crowds of hundreds each year, will take place on Shrove Tuesday in Westminister's Victoria Tower Gardens.
- 1 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 2 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 3 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 4 No more action against teenager arrested after fatal Thorpe stabbing
- 5 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 6 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 7 Unlikely new use for city's Samson and Hercules building
- 8 Suspect identified in search for elderly man who undressed in park
- 9 'Fantastic' new hospital ward welcomes first patients
- 10 Power cut fix delayed due to tree branch stuck in overhead lines