Clive Lewis braced for pancake race at Westminster
- Credit: Oliver Dixon / Imagewise
Norwich South MP Clive Lewis will join media, lords and MPs from across the country for a race with a flipping good cause.
The annual Parliamentary Pancake Race raises awareness for disability charity Rehab, which provides training services to those at a disadvantage in the labour market.
Runners will don chefs' hats and pinnies as they race while flipping a pancake, and Alastair Stewart OBE will adjudicate the race.
MPs have come out on top for the past two years and Mr Lewis is hoping they can continue their winning streak.
He said: 'For the past two years, victory has been very sweet and I am certainly hoping to have my pancake and eat it. My motto will most definitely be to keep calm and flip on.'
You may also want to watch:
The event, which attracts crowds of hundreds each year, will take place on Shrove Tuesday in Westminister's Victoria Tower Gardens.
- 1 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 2 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 3 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 5 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 6 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 7 Key route into city closes for a week for safety improvement work
- 8 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 9 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
- 10 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus