From the London catwalks to the Norwich stage, designer Claudia Orrell brings Silk & Sawdust to Norwich Fashion Week
It has been an exciting couple of years for Claudia Orrell. After setting up vintage-inspired womenswear label Silk & Sawdust back in 2009, Claudia's glamorous designs won her a place on the catwalk at Pure London where she wowed the London fashion crowds with her elegant designs. Inspired by fashion illustrations, photographs, and vintage pattern books from the 1920s to the 1970s, Claudia's collections comprise day dresses, evening dresses and beautiful separates in the most flattering silhouettes.
Each design is only available in limited numbers making each piece a limited edition.
This year Claudia moved from London to Norwich and has set up her studio in her modest apartment at 23a Wensum Street. It is here that she will be showcasing her new autumn collection exclusively for Norwich Fashion Week at the Open Store event.
You may also want to watch:
Showing at: Norwich Fashion Week Open Store at 23a Wensum Street, Norwich on September 27 between midday and 8pm.
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 3 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 4 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Drag Race star Bimini spotted shopping in Norwich
- 7 Masterplan for 4,000-homes Colman's regeneration to go on show
- 8 Britain's poshest train came to Norwich and Ipswich and it was pure luxury
- 9 Samson and Hercules building reopens under new owners
- 10 Teen motorcyclist taken to hospital after crash with bus in Norwich