From the London catwalks to the Norwich stage, designer Claudia Orrell brings Silk & Sawdust to Norwich Fashion Week
It has been an exciting couple of years for Claudia Orrell. After setting up vintage-inspired womenswear label Silk & Sawdust back in 2009, Claudia's glamorous designs won her a place on the catwalk at Pure London where she wowed the London fashion crowds with her elegant designs. Inspired by fashion illustrations, photographs, and vintage pattern books from the 1920s to the 1970s, Claudia's collections comprise day dresses, evening dresses and beautiful separates in the most flattering silhouettes.
Each design is only available in limited numbers making each piece a limited edition.
This year Claudia moved from London to Norwich and has set up her studio in her modest apartment at 23a Wensum Street. It is here that she will be showcasing her new autumn collection exclusively for Norwich Fashion Week at the Open Store event.
You may also want to watch:
Showing at: Norwich Fashion Week Open Store at 23a Wensum Street, Norwich on September 27 between midday and 8pm.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 3 'We do everything correctly': Norwich takeaway handed one star hygiene rating
- 4 To cross or not to cross? Pledge to trim back danger hedge at blind corner
- 5 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 8 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 9 'We will come back stronger': Norwich restaurant to close for rebranding
- 10 Bars, restaurants and shops - Five new openings in Norwich this September