From the London catwalks to the Norwich stage, designer Claudia Orrell brings Silk & Sawdust to Norwich Fashion Week
It has been an exciting couple of years for Claudia Orrell. After setting up vintage-inspired womenswear label Silk & Sawdust back in 2009, Claudia's glamorous designs won her a place on the catwalk at Pure London where she wowed the London fashion crowds with her elegant designs. Inspired by fashion illustrations, photographs, and vintage pattern books from the 1920s to the 1970s, Claudia's collections comprise day dresses, evening dresses and beautiful separates in the most flattering silhouettes.
Each design is only available in limited numbers making each piece a limited edition.
This year Claudia moved from London to Norwich and has set up her studio in her modest apartment at 23a Wensum Street. It is here that she will be showcasing her new autumn collection exclusively for Norwich Fashion Week at the Open Store event.
Showing at: Norwich Fashion Week Open Store at 23a Wensum Street, Norwich on September 27 between midday and 8pm.
- 1 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 2 'Not our fault' - City man hits back on abandoned caravan after land dispute
- 3 From £35k to homeless: Why rough sleepers struggle to get a job
- 4 Burglars smash way into Patisserie Valerie and nab cash
- 5 'Fixer upper' lodge home goes up for sale near Norwich city centre
- 6 Boss ordered to build road 15 years ago battles to clear name
- 7 Store still cordoned off with police tape two months after break-in
- 8 'I lived in the woods for 20 years': How Sean is starting new life
- 9 'Not worth it!': Councillor wants new bus lane ditched
- 10 Has £10,000 prize crash landed in Norwich from space?