Clamp down on Thorpe St Andrew dog fouling
Kate ScotterA campaign to clamp down on dog fouling in a neighbourhood on the outskirts of Norwich is set to continue.Kate Scotter
A campaign to clamp down on dog fouling in a neighbourhood on the outskirts of Norwich is set to continue.
Joint patrols by officers from Thorpe St Andrew Safer Neighbourhood Team and Broadland District Council are set to continue along the walkway between Sainsbury's in Pound Lane and the Broadland Business Park to catch those who do not clear up after their pet.
People living in the area first raised their concerns about a minority of dog owners littering the pathway three months ago, sparking the police and Broadland District Council to take action.
Measures taken so far include extra high visibility patrols, extra clean ups and new signs advising that the area is under surveillance.
You may also want to watch:
Homeowners close by have been informed of the action being taken and warned offenders could face a �50 fine and prosecution.
People in the area have been asked to report offenders by calling the council on 01603 431133 or police on 0845 456 4567.
- 1 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 2 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 3 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 4 Daughters hold dad's hand one last time in emotional hospital goodbye
- 5 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 6 Bakery pushes back Norwich reopening date after daily taking dropped to £26
- 7 Motorcyclist taken to hospital with leg injuries after NDR crash
- 8 Plans for affordable flats for rough sleepers approved despite concerns
- 9 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
- 10 Coronavirus recovery centre never used in first wave to be opened
Other priorities for the area include tackling vehicle nuisance in the area and to identify activities for youths.