Clamp down on Thorpe St Andrew dog fouling
Kate ScotterA campaign to clamp down on dog fouling in a neighbourhood on the outskirts of Norwich is set to continue.Kate Scotter
A campaign to clamp down on dog fouling in a neighbourhood on the outskirts of Norwich is set to continue.
Joint patrols by officers from Thorpe St Andrew Safer Neighbourhood Team and Broadland District Council are set to continue along the walkway between Sainsbury's in Pound Lane and the Broadland Business Park to catch those who do not clear up after their pet.
People living in the area first raised their concerns about a minority of dog owners littering the pathway three months ago, sparking the police and Broadland District Council to take action.
Measures taken so far include extra high visibility patrols, extra clean ups and new signs advising that the area is under surveillance.
You may also want to watch:
Homeowners close by have been informed of the action being taken and warned offenders could face a �50 fine and prosecution.
People in the area have been asked to report offenders by calling the council on 01603 431133 or police on 0845 456 4567.
- 1 Cannabis factory uncovered in former bar in Norwich's clubland
- 2 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 3 Police swoop after £400k cocaine parcel delivered to Norwich house
- 4 Team behind Norwich restaurants reopen closed hotel
- 5 New Danish bakery in Norwich sells over 1,000 pastries in first week
- 6 Heron dies after being shot six times with air gun in Norwich
- 7 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 8 Norwich pub welcomes eight new street food vendors
- 9 Council to force landowners to sell so £1.3m roundabout can be built
- 10 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
Other priorities for the area include tackling vehicle nuisance in the area and to identify activities for youths.