Clamp down on Thorpe St Andrew dog fouling
Kate ScotterA campaign to clamp down on dog fouling in a neighbourhood on the outskirts of Norwich is set to continue.Kate Scotter
A campaign to clamp down on dog fouling in a neighbourhood on the outskirts of Norwich is set to continue.
Joint patrols by officers from Thorpe St Andrew Safer Neighbourhood Team and Broadland District Council are set to continue along the walkway between Sainsbury's in Pound Lane and the Broadland Business Park to catch those who do not clear up after their pet.
People living in the area first raised their concerns about a minority of dog owners littering the pathway three months ago, sparking the police and Broadland District Council to take action.
Measures taken so far include extra high visibility patrols, extra clean ups and new signs advising that the area is under surveillance.
You may also want to watch:
Homeowners close by have been informed of the action being taken and warned offenders could face a �50 fine and prosecution.
People in the area have been asked to report offenders by calling the council on 01603 431133 or police on 0845 456 4567.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 5 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 6 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 7 Norwich man wanted by police
- 8 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 9 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 10 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station
Other priorities for the area include tackling vehicle nuisance in the area and to identify activities for youths.