City of Norwich School celebrates its centenary
City of Norwich School is celebrating a very special birthday with an open day. Derek James reports.
After all these years this is your opportunity to walk through...the forbidden front door.
The door in question is at the City of Norwich School which is celebrating its centenary by throwing open its doors for a special open day on Saturday, April 2.
So, if you went to CNS or know anybody who did, this is your invitation to return to the famous school for a special centenary open day.
The school will be open to visitors from 11am until 4pm so why not go along and see much has changed and how much has stayed the same?
You may also want to watch:
Find your old classroom, explore the gym, meet fold friends and discover what they have been up to...and at long last you will be allowed to enter via the forbidden front door.
There will be displays of photographs, cups, shields and other memorabilia charting the long and colourful history of the school.
- 1 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 New 24-hour McDonald's branch poised for green light
- 5 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 6 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 7 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 8 Crash between two cars left road partially closed
- 9 Coronavirus outbreak at construction company working on County Hall
- 10 6 best Chinese takeaways in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
And refreshments will be served throughout the day.
CNS also has a proud tradition of producing first class musicians and some of them will be performing at a centenary concert at St Andrews Hall, Norwich, on Friday, April 1.
Music will be performed by past and present students, parents, staff and governors at the school.
Through the 100 years of the school's history many music students have become professional musicians and some will be joining students of today and staff to ensure the concert is a real celebration of the musical history of the school.
Tickets are available from the school by calling 01603 274000. The price is �6 for an adult, �3 for a student and �15 for a family of two adults and two children.