City celebrates it’s leaders in the world of fashion
Excitement mounts as Norwich gets set for its first Fashion Week
The countdown is on for the city's first fashion week which starts on Thursday evening.
Norwich Fashion Week is a celebration of local independent fashion in your city, giving you access to the new SS11 collections from independent designers and retailers in Norwich.
The event is run in conjunction with your Life Matters and Norwich Evening News, fashion retailer Vanilla, hair salon The Gallery and The Library Restaurant.
Tickets have almost sold out for the launch party catwalk show which will see retailers such as Vanilla, Prim Vintage, Poppy Valentine and Elements, and local designers such as Marilyn Thomas and Alison Varley showcasing their collections on the catwalk.
You may also want to watch:
Other fashion events throughout the week include a 1950s-style fashion show at The Library Restaurant on Sunday at 3pm.
Guests can enjoy traditional afternoon tea and cakes on vintage plates, while enjoying a fashion show from retro retailer Daisy & Lola, vintage hair demonstrations from hair stylist Flamingo Amy and music from The Jitterbugs.
- 1 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 2 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 3 Audi driver more than four times over alcohol limit in Norwich
- 4 Affordable, high quality retro furniture store coming to city
- 5 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 6 Pupils will start September term in different school over safety fears
- 7 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 8 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 9 Major £800,000 revamp proposed for busy city road
- 10 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
You can also find out how to wear the styles from the catwalk at the Vanilla Trend Presentation Lunch at The Library Restaurant on Thursday, February 24 at 1pm. The event includes a two-course lunch, fashion show and 'how to wear' demonstrations, with hair styling advice from The Gallery haircutters.
Tickets for all events are available from The Library Restaurant. Call 01603 616606.
For more information about all the events at Norwich Fashion Week and to keep up to date with all the news visit www.en24.co.uk/nfw, find us on Facebook www.facebook.com/norwich.life or follow us on Twitter @norwichculture