City car park to get new signs to help visitors
- Credit: Archant
New signs will be introduced to help shoppers find a city car park.
They will be used to direct people to the Magdalen Street pay and display car park, which is under a busy flyover by Anglia Square.
The signs will be installed from the Puppet Theatre roundabout and from Magdalen Street to the car park entrance on St Saviours Lane.
Norwich-based group MATA is working with Norwich City Council to introduce the signs after it said visitors thought the parking area was hard to find.
Eric Kirk, chair of MATA which helped fund the signs, said: 'If our membership fees can pump prime projects like this along with the subsidised advertising and other benefits then it is for the greater good of all.'
You may also want to watch:
A Norwich City Council spokesman said: 'We hope the new car parking signage will encourage people into the Magdalen Street and Anglia Square area to experience the diversity of shops on offer.'
- 1 Ex-Canaries striker seals Championship move
- 2 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Revealed: New Anglia Square talks take place
- 5 New bid to limit city centre offices being turned into flats
- 6 New hotel could 'destroy character of Norwich Lanes'
- 7 Community shock after teenager knocked unconscious as robbers steal trainers
- 8 Big screen unveiled in pub garden for England's Auld Enemy clash
- 9 'Dull as dishwater' - Fans in Norwich pub react to draw
- 10 Have you visited any of these 'haunted' ruins in Norwich?