City car park to get new signs to help visitors
- Credit: Archant
New signs will be introduced to help shoppers find a city car park.
They will be used to direct people to the Magdalen Street pay and display car park, which is under a busy flyover by Anglia Square.
The signs will be installed from the Puppet Theatre roundabout and from Magdalen Street to the car park entrance on St Saviours Lane.
Norwich-based group MATA is working with Norwich City Council to introduce the signs after it said visitors thought the parking area was hard to find.
Eric Kirk, chair of MATA which helped fund the signs, said: 'If our membership fees can pump prime projects like this along with the subsidised advertising and other benefits then it is for the greater good of all.'
You may also want to watch:
A Norwich City Council spokesman said: 'We hope the new car parking signage will encourage people into the Magdalen Street and Anglia Square area to experience the diversity of shops on offer.'
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Enjoy afternoon tea on Britain's poshest train departing from Norwich
- 3 'No help to us' - Mixed views on £6.1m street revamp
- 4 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 5 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 6 Business fears for Christmas trade if council doesn't fix traffic 'chaos'
- 7 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 8 Child sex abuse victim: 'I'm still angry, but haven't let him ruin my life'
- 9 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 10 Former policeman in court in Norwich charged with rape and assaults