Circa Waves review: Band have ‘immense’ stage presence as they perform festival anthems
- Credit: Archant
Indie rock band Circa Waves, who formed in Liverpool, closed out the second stage at Norwich's Sunday sessions.
The band, whose sound is heavily inspired by The Strokes and The Vaccines, kicked off their set with Wake Up from their latest album, Different Creatures.
As the crowds started to dry off from the earlier deluge they happily got behind the band's heavy summer anthems Fossils, My Love and Young Chasers. Circa Waves certainly seem to have an advantage with having the perfectly made festival anthem T-Shirt Weather in their back pockets.
Having only formed five years ago in 2013, the whole band came across extremely professional and held an immense stage presence.
Frontman and lead vocalist Kieran Shudall adds an incredible tone to the vocals of the band and is perfectly accompanied by Sam Rourke on bass, Colin Jones on drums and Joe Falconer on guitar.
You may also want to watch:
Even though the band were more than 15 minutes late to their allotted set time they put on a great performance, and I'm sure the delay had been all but forgotten by the time their energetic set had come to a close.
With two successful albums and well received tours under their belt Circa Waves seem to be destined for a very successful future. With the support from their massive record label, Transgresive Revords, I'm sure they will live up to their full potential.
- 1 'We will come back stronger': Norwich restaurant to close for rebranding
- 2 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 3 Warning to others after mum breaks leg using park zip wire
- 4 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 5 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 6 To cross or not to cross? Pledge to trim back danger hedge at blind corner
- 7 Diggers roll into village as work begins on 267 home development
- 8 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 9 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 10 'We do everything correctly': Norwich takeaway handed one star hygiene rating