Reopening date for Cinema City revealed
- Credit: Archant
Norwich’s independent picture house, Cinema City, has announced the date it is set to reopen.
Picturehouse, which owns the cinema in St Andrews Street, announced it will be reopening its sites from July 10.
A spokesman for the group said: “The opening date is subject to final clarifications and confirmation in regards to government restrictions. We will confirm which locations are due to open on 10 July in the coming weeks.
“The full film programme will be announced soon but Christopher Nolan’s highly anticipated new film Tenet is now confirmed to open on 31 July. And that’s just the beginning, we can’t wait to show titles including No Time To Die, Mulan, A Quiet Place Part II, Black Widow, Wonder Woman 1984 and Wes Anderson’s The French Dispatch later in 2020.
“Our aim is to safely re-open our cinemas in line with government guidance on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. In order to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for our employees and audiences, we’ve made some important changes.”
The new safety measures include a limited number of seats being sold, increased cleaning and sanitiser throughout the cinema screens and building.
The spokesman added: “We will monitor and adapt to this new situation as necessary and will continue to follow future advice from the relevant government agencies.
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station building thrown out
- 2 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 3 'How I made four million flipping council houses into luxury student digs'
- 4 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 5 Busy city Riverside roads to stay closed as transport hub works begin
- 6 It's going down! Demolition of car showroom begins to make way for homes
- 7 Farmers' market near Norwich set to reopen for the new year
- 8 Store still cordoned off with police tape two months after break-in
- 9 In pictures: The history and changing face of St Stephens
- 10 See inside this three-storey home with city views on sale for £370k
“We have all had a challenging few months and we thank you for your patience, ongoing support and passion for cinema.
“We’ve missed you and are looking forward to welcoming you back to enjoy the best of cinema on the big screen.”