When are the bank holidays this Christmas?
- Credit: PA
Looking forward to having some time off this Christmas?
This year we get to enjoy some extended periods off due to when the bank holidays fall in December and January.
As Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day are on a weekend, the bank holidays have been rearranged for during the week.
This year there will be bank holidays on December 27 and December 28 as substitute days for Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
As New Year's Day also falls on a Saturday, January 3 is given as a bank holiday to make up for it.
In 2022 there are more bank holidays on offer as the Queen's Platinum Jubilee provides us with an extra day off on Friday, June 3.
The usual bank holiday on Monday, May 30, has been moved to Thursday, June 2, to allow for a four-day celebration.
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station building thrown out
- 2 Busy city Riverside roads to stay closed as transport hub works begin
- 3 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 4 Boss ordered to build road 15 years ago battles to clear name
- 5 See inside this three-storey home with city views on sale for £370k
- 6 'How I made four million flipping council houses into luxury student digs'
- 7 'A palace reborn': Inside the £13.5m revamp of Norwich Castle
- 8 'I lived in the woods for 20 years': How Sean is starting new life
- 9 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development
- 10 From £35k to homeless: Why rough sleepers struggle to get a job