New company delivering gooey cookies to your door in Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
A new company has launched in Norwich delivering New York-style chunky cookies across Norfolk, with plans to launch a postal service nationwide too.
Choowey ‘N’ Goowey has been launched by Karim El-Bahi, aged 21, who lives in the city and began working in hospitality when he was 15, alongside studying at Thorpe St Andrew School and City College Norwich.
Before lockdown, he had been working for a media publishing company but after being put on furlough he began baking with his partner.
Mr El-Bahi had wanted to start his own business for a while and believed “the idea would come when the time was right” and it finally came when he “stumbled upon some cookie recipes”.
He felt he could improve the recipes and with many companies delivering brownies and doughnuts, he spotted a gap in the market for a cookie delivery service.
You may also want to watch:
After perfecting the ingredients, Mr El-Bahi is now ready to launch and will begin on Saturday, September 5 with delivery in person around Norfolk and a nationwide postal service will launch soon.
Each cookie is five ounces, around four times the size of a shop-bought one, and is crunchy on the outside and gooey in the middle, coming in boxes of six or 10.
There are currently three flavours, which are milk chocolate chip, white chocolate and hazelnut and triple chocolate chip, all made using brown butter, and customers can also get a variety box. READ MORE: ‘I never dreamed I would be this busy’ - student turns baking pastime into flourishing business
- 1 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 2 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 3 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 4 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 5 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 6 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week
- 7 Man, 83, 'absolutely gutted' after thieves pinch his £2,500 e-bike
- 8 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 9 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 10 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
Mr El-Bahi said: “I spotted a gap in the market for handmade, quality cookies and I am starting solely online but I have plans for a store in the future.
“We offer thick New York-style cookies using only the best ingredients and I am planning to do gluten-free soon and move slowly to vegan options too.
“Baking has always interested me as working as a bar tender for four years I was only ever a few metres from the kitchen and I have also worked with dessert chefs.
“I want to reinvent the cookie and this is a very unique company.”
Pre-order by September 2 at chooweyngoowey.com