Children enjoy street performers at the Forum
Hundreds of children and parents flocked to the Forum today to see the new season of Lunchbox lunchtime entertainment return.
Youngsters saw double act Maniax perform their street show involving chains, padlocks and stunts which all took place on a towering eight foot high platform.
They stunned crowds by swallowing swords, tying each other in chains and performing stunts.
They performed at 12.30pm and 1.30pm to hundreds of children and parents, with some children even daring enough to take part in their magic tricks.
The duo previously won Street Entertainers of the Year award and performed at Glastonbury and other festivals in Europe.
Now in it's fifth year, Lunchbox provides free entertainment every lunchtime for two weeks.
Lunchbox tomorrow will feature performances including beat boxing, hip hop and poetry from The Garage: SLAM on Tour.
- 1 City teen gets celebrity backing for prom dress
- 2 Pub closes for £5,000 refurb to enable it to serve drinks faster
- 3 Class A drugs seized from three men in city woods
- 4 Waiting game over fate of housing bid for former school playing field
- 5 Plea to get 5ft mega bush axed from busy pavement
- 6 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 7 Restaurant with 'interactive dining experience' to open in Norwich
- 8 City chip shop might be SINKING but refuses to close
- 9 Quaint 'tucked away' house is for sale for the first time in almost 30 years
- 10 Roadworks slammed a 'complete mess' as another cycle lane is closed
Other performances during the coming fortnight include a silent film, escaping from a spiders' web, walking on a slack rope and a 25-foot inflatable cobra.
*Do you know about an exciting event for children happening during the school holidays? Contact reporter Lucy Wright on 01603 772495 or email email@example.com