Childhood obesity rates falling in the region
Dan GrimmerRates of childhood obesity are falling in the region, according to health officials.Dan Grimmer
Rates of childhood obesity are falling in the region, according to health officials.
NHS East of England's board heard at its meeting yesterday that childhood obesity has reduced in both reception year and year six children across the region.
Dr Paul Cosford, regional director of public health at NHS East of England, said: 'These recent childhood obesity figures are encouraging and NHS East of England is continuing its commitment to reduce figures.
'However, while we are delighted to see a shift in the right direction, we cannot become complacent. NHS East of England has pledged to reduce childhood obesity rates. We must continue our efforts to shift recent trends from rising rates of childhood obesity to achieve a step change in reducing rates.
You may also want to watch:
'We must also ensure we continue to offer support and advice with the range of healthy programmes the NHS can offer.'
NHS East of England continues to support the national obesity movement Change4Life.'
- 1 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 4 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 5 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 6 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 7 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 8 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 9 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
- 10 Plans to remove crossing in £440k works branded 'crazy' by councillors
For a full report on obesity rates log onto www.eoe.nhs.uk