Childhood obesity rates falling in the region
Dan GrimmerRates of childhood obesity are falling in the region, according to health officials.Dan Grimmer
Rates of childhood obesity are falling in the region, according to health officials.
NHS East of England's board heard at its meeting yesterday that childhood obesity has reduced in both reception year and year six children across the region.
Dr Paul Cosford, regional director of public health at NHS East of England, said: 'These recent childhood obesity figures are encouraging and NHS East of England is continuing its commitment to reduce figures.
'However, while we are delighted to see a shift in the right direction, we cannot become complacent. NHS East of England has pledged to reduce childhood obesity rates. We must continue our efforts to shift recent trends from rising rates of childhood obesity to achieve a step change in reducing rates.
You may also want to watch:
'We must also ensure we continue to offer support and advice with the range of healthy programmes the NHS can offer.'
NHS East of England continues to support the national obesity movement Change4Life.'
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 4 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 5 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 6 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 7 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 8 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours
For a full report on obesity rates log onto www.eoe.nhs.uk