Childhood obesity rates falling in the region
Dan GrimmerRates of childhood obesity are falling in the region, according to health officials.Dan Grimmer
Rates of childhood obesity are falling in the region, according to health officials.
NHS East of England's board heard at its meeting yesterday that childhood obesity has reduced in both reception year and year six children across the region.
Dr Paul Cosford, regional director of public health at NHS East of England, said: 'These recent childhood obesity figures are encouraging and NHS East of England is continuing its commitment to reduce figures.
'However, while we are delighted to see a shift in the right direction, we cannot become complacent. NHS East of England has pledged to reduce childhood obesity rates. We must continue our efforts to shift recent trends from rising rates of childhood obesity to achieve a step change in reducing rates.
You may also want to watch:
'We must also ensure we continue to offer support and advice with the range of healthy programmes the NHS can offer.'
NHS East of England continues to support the national obesity movement Change4Life.'
- 1 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 2 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 3 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 4 £250,000 of cannabis found in two cars on A11
- 5 Full list of Norwich Market stalls open or delivering during lockdown
- 6 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
- 7 Wine bar collapse costs council £70k after lease blunder
- 8 'Village would be worse without it' - Owner on plans for 17th century pub
- 9 Norwich man admits supplying drugs to small group of friends
- 10 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
For a full report on obesity rates log onto www.eoe.nhs.uk