Childhood obesity rates falling in the region
Dan GrimmerRates of childhood obesity are falling in the region, according to health officials.Dan Grimmer
Rates of childhood obesity are falling in the region, according to health officials.
NHS East of England's board heard at its meeting yesterday that childhood obesity has reduced in both reception year and year six children across the region.
Dr Paul Cosford, regional director of public health at NHS East of England, said: 'These recent childhood obesity figures are encouraging and NHS East of England is continuing its commitment to reduce figures.
'However, while we are delighted to see a shift in the right direction, we cannot become complacent. NHS East of England has pledged to reduce childhood obesity rates. We must continue our efforts to shift recent trends from rising rates of childhood obesity to achieve a step change in reducing rates.
You may also want to watch:
'We must also ensure we continue to offer support and advice with the range of healthy programmes the NHS can offer.'
NHS East of England continues to support the national obesity movement Change4Life.'
- 1 New hope for Open building as talks over future revealed
- 2 Restaurant boss U-turn after row over trial shift pay
- 3 Third time lucky? Couple's plea after dream wedding day cancelled again
- 4 Family lose 'lifeline' van in fire
- 5 Partner pays tribute to 'love of my life' after Thorpe stabbing
- 6 Pedestrian crossing must be in before Aldi store is built, say officers
- 7 £1.3m property for sale on one of most popular roads in Norwich
- 8 Man kicked victim in head like 'taking football penalty'
- 9 Team behind Norwich restaurants reopen closed hotel
- 10 Cannabis factory uncovered in former bar in Norwich's clubland
For a full report on obesity rates log onto www.eoe.nhs.uk