Childhood obesity rates falling in the region
Dan GrimmerRates of childhood obesity are falling in the region, according to health officials.Dan Grimmer
Rates of childhood obesity are falling in the region, according to health officials.
NHS East of England's board heard at its meeting yesterday that childhood obesity has reduced in both reception year and year six children across the region.
Dr Paul Cosford, regional director of public health at NHS East of England, said: 'These recent childhood obesity figures are encouraging and NHS East of England is continuing its commitment to reduce figures.
'However, while we are delighted to see a shift in the right direction, we cannot become complacent. NHS East of England has pledged to reduce childhood obesity rates. We must continue our efforts to shift recent trends from rising rates of childhood obesity to achieve a step change in reducing rates.
'We must also ensure we continue to offer support and advice with the range of healthy programmes the NHS can offer.'
NHS East of England continues to support the national obesity movement Change4Life.'
- 1 TUI flight to Tenerife cancelled as it was on the tarmac
- 2 Emergency services called to person in water on Prince of Wales Road
- 3 Traffic builds around Earlham Park as gates open for Let's Rock
- 4 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 5 New Tesco store opens in city centre
- 6 Mystery over who needs to cut overgrown hedge amid safety fears
- 7 Can you help trace this Norwich man's next of kin?
- 8 Parents 'terrified' after THIRD run-in with cars driving on pavement
- 9 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 10 'I went to hospital with dental pain - it turns out I had cancer'
For a full report on obesity rates log onto www.eoe.nhs.uk