Chef aims to open Egyptian food stall on Norwich Market
- Credit: Salah EL Nagar
A chef who specialises in Egyptian cuisine has applied for a market stall in Norwich and is currently on the waiting list.
Salah EL Nagar, who is originally from Egypt but now lives in Norwich, is an experienced chef who has worked at food venues from KFC to The Assembly House.
Now he wants to bring a taste of his home country to the streets of Norwich.
'I want somewhere where I can cook Egyptian food and I think it's a good idea opening in Norwich market as it's something unique which isn't already here,' said Mr Nagar.
While waiting for a stall in Norwich Market to become available the chef is looking for venues to host pop-up events where he can prepare and serve his Egyptian cuisine.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Nagar, who is also a writer and a poet, said: 'I want to show people the Middle East isn't about fighting it's about great food, arts and writers.'
If you own a pub or a restaurant that could accommodate popup events you can respond to Mr Nagar's Facebook post.
- 1 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 2 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 3 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 4 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 5 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 6 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 7 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 8 'Diabolical' - Fury over trees felled for road widening scheme
- 9 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 10 Norwich artist 'complimented' as thieves nick four of his paintings