Chef aims to open Egyptian food stall on Norwich Market
- Credit: Salah EL Nagar
A chef who specialises in Egyptian cuisine has applied for a market stall in Norwich and is currently on the waiting list.
Salah EL Nagar, who is originally from Egypt but now lives in Norwich, is an experienced chef who has worked at food venues from KFC to The Assembly House.
Now he wants to bring a taste of his home country to the streets of Norwich.
'I want somewhere where I can cook Egyptian food and I think it's a good idea opening in Norwich market as it's something unique which isn't already here,' said Mr Nagar.
While waiting for a stall in Norwich Market to become available the chef is looking for venues to host pop-up events where he can prepare and serve his Egyptian cuisine.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Nagar, who is also a writer and a poet, said: 'I want to show people the Middle East isn't about fighting it's about great food, arts and writers.'
If you own a pub or a restaurant that could accommodate popup events you can respond to Mr Nagar's Facebook post.
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 3 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 4 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Drag Race star Bimini spotted shopping in Norwich
- 7 Masterplan for 4,000-homes Colman's regeneration to go on show
- 8 Britain's poshest train came to Norwich and Ipswich and it was pure luxury
- 9 Samson and Hercules building reopens under new owners
- 10 Teen motorcyclist taken to hospital after crash with bus in Norwich