In sickness and in health - groom remembers when Chas and Dave played wedding in Norwich
The death of Chas Hodges of much-loved Chas and Dave brought sadness to people across the country.
But for one Norfolk couple there was extra significance, as the 'rockney' duo played their wedding.
Darren and Sharon Smith were married in 2005, holding their reception knees up at the Unthank Arms in Norwich, following a ceremony in Las Vegas.
Mr Smith, now aged 48, said: 'We saw Chas and Dave at a festival. These were the days when they had just had a revival.
'I thought they were great for a wedding, so I got their number and gave them a call, thinking I could never get it but we managed to get them!
You may also want to watch:
'We were having a pub bash anyway and fortunately they were free when we wanted them. The Unthank Arms was the pub of my childhood and we'd all been going there for years.'
The English pop-rock duo, known for their rock and cockney style, rose to fame in the 1970s. They had a string of hits, including Rabbit and Snooker Loopy.
- 1 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 4 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 5 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 6 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 7 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 9 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale
- 10 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
Last year Chas and Dave performed at the Norwich Waterfront and Potters Resort, Lowestoft.
Mr Smith said: 'Chas and Dave played absolutely everything, it was non stop. My favourite is Ain't No Pleasing You, that was our first dance. I remember that song from when I was 10 years old.
'They're not just a comedy novelty act, you could tell by the way they set up and interacted with the audience they were really good all round musicians.
'It was just the perfect wedding, I know everyone says that about their weddings but it was.'
Mr and Mrs Smith have now been married for 13 years, and have a 11-year-old daughter together, Lola Belle.
Unthank Arms landlord Nick De'ath said: 'It was a fantastic day, the wedding of the decade.
'The couple are good friends of ours. We had the whole pub for the wedding, pie and mash and fish and chips.
'While they were all eating upstairs Chas and Dave arrived and none of the guests knew.
'They played all night long. It was the perfect wedding knees up. I think by the end of the night they made friends with so many of the guests. The Unthank Arms is a corner Victorian boozer - perfect for Chas and Dave!'
Charles 'Chas' Hodges died in the early hours of Saturday morning from organ failure aged 74.