Charlotte Church rents her rocks in Norwich
Matthew SparkesSinger Charlotte Church sparkled during a television appearance last week thanks to a Norwich jeweller.Matthew Sparkes
Singer Charlotte Church sparkled during a television appearance last week thanks to a Norwich jeweller.
Church, who is now 24-years-old, is a judge on Andrew Lloyd Webber's show Over the Rainbow.
In it Church voices her opinion on the contestants who are battling it out for the chance to play Dorothy in a West End production of the Wizard of Oz.
And each week she has been supplied with different diamond-encrusted accessories by local company Rent Your Rocks.
You may also want to watch:
The city firm hires out jewellery worth thousands of pounds to customers by the week or month.
A pair of white gold and diamond earrings worn by the Welsh star on the programme would cost �3,030 to buy, but can be rented by anyone for �205 per week.
- 1 New hope for Open building as talks over future revealed
- 2 Restaurant boss U-turn after row over trial shift pay
- 3 Third time lucky? Couple's plea after dream wedding day cancelled again
- 4 Family lose 'lifeline' van in fire
- 5 Partner pays tribute to 'love of my life' after Thorpe stabbing
- 6 Pedestrian crossing must be in before Aldi store is built, say officers
- 7 £1.3m property for sale on one of most popular roads in Norwich
- 8 Man kicked victim in head like 'taking football penalty'
- 9 Team behind Norwich restaurants reopen closed hotel
- 10 Cannabis factory uncovered in former bar in Norwich's clubland
Sophie Croydon, of Rent your Rocks, a spin-off London Street jeweller Winsor Bishop, said that each week a case of jewels is taken to London before the episode is recorded.
'We take them down there because her time's a lot more limited than ours. We'll select pieces that we think work with the look she's going for and then she'll decide,' she said.
'She's a very down to earth person, she's very nice.'
The next episode of Over the Rainbow will be broadcast this Saturday at 7.10 on BBC One, where the four remaining girls will battle to make it to the final.
For more information on Rent your Rocks visit www.rentyourrocks.co.uk