Charlotte Church rents her rocks in Norwich
Matthew SparkesSinger Charlotte Church sparkled during a television appearance last week thanks to a Norwich jeweller.Matthew Sparkes
Singer Charlotte Church sparkled during a television appearance last week thanks to a Norwich jeweller.
Church, who is now 24-years-old, is a judge on Andrew Lloyd Webber's show Over the Rainbow.
In it Church voices her opinion on the contestants who are battling it out for the chance to play Dorothy in a West End production of the Wizard of Oz.
And each week she has been supplied with different diamond-encrusted accessories by local company Rent Your Rocks.
The city firm hires out jewellery worth thousands of pounds to customers by the week or month.
A pair of white gold and diamond earrings worn by the Welsh star on the programme would cost �3,030 to buy, but can be rented by anyone for �205 per week.
- 1 Quaint 'tucked away' house is for sale for the first time in almost 30 years
- 2 City pub 'full of life again' after busy opening weekend
- 3 See inside this £1.15m Bridgerton-style city centre period property
- 4 Hidden city garden opening with live music and plant sale
- 5 Vandals smash charity dinosaur trail T.rex and leave kebab in its mouth
- 6 Pub closes for £5,000 refurb to enable it to serve drinks faster
- 7 Reunion for workers from the historic city factory still going strong
- 8 Waiting game over fate of housing bid for former school playing field
- 9 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 10 'Killer weeds infesting river are threat to life', warns boat boss
Sophie Croydon, of Rent your Rocks, a spin-off London Street jeweller Winsor Bishop, said that each week a case of jewels is taken to London before the episode is recorded.
'We take them down there because her time's a lot more limited than ours. We'll select pieces that we think work with the look she's going for and then she'll decide,' she said.
'She's a very down to earth person, she's very nice.'
The next episode of Over the Rainbow will be broadcast this Saturday at 7.10 on BBC One, where the four remaining girls will battle to make it to the final.
For more information on Rent your Rocks visit www.rentyourrocks.co.uk