Charlotte Church rents her rocks in Norwich
Matthew SparkesSinger Charlotte Church sparkled during a television appearance last week thanks to a Norwich jeweller.Matthew Sparkes
Singer Charlotte Church sparkled during a television appearance last week thanks to a Norwich jeweller.
Church, who is now 24-years-old, is a judge on Andrew Lloyd Webber's show Over the Rainbow.
In it Church voices her opinion on the contestants who are battling it out for the chance to play Dorothy in a West End production of the Wizard of Oz.
And each week she has been supplied with different diamond-encrusted accessories by local company Rent Your Rocks.
You may also want to watch:
The city firm hires out jewellery worth thousands of pounds to customers by the week or month.
A pair of white gold and diamond earrings worn by the Welsh star on the programme would cost �3,030 to buy, but can be rented by anyone for �205 per week.
- 1 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 2 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
- 3 City sees jobs bonanza – so why are job centres overflowing?
- 4 'It came out of the blue': Chinese takeaway gets one-star hygiene rating
- 5 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 6 See inside renovated 1950s Norwich factory apartment for sale for £350,000
- 7 Plan for 1,600 homes would see new school and health centre open
- 8 WATCH: Moment schoolgirl drenched by driver - but is it a crime?
- 9 Kiefer Sutherland announces UEA show
- 10 City handymen on which DIY jobs you really SHOULDN'T try at home
Sophie Croydon, of Rent your Rocks, a spin-off London Street jeweller Winsor Bishop, said that each week a case of jewels is taken to London before the episode is recorded.
'We take them down there because her time's a lot more limited than ours. We'll select pieces that we think work with the look she's going for and then she'll decide,' she said.
'She's a very down to earth person, she's very nice.'
The next episode of Over the Rainbow will be broadcast this Saturday at 7.10 on BBC One, where the four remaining girls will battle to make it to the final.
For more information on Rent your Rocks visit www.rentyourrocks.co.uk