Charity 5K challenge around country park for British Lung Foundation
- Credit: SENT IN BY TRACEY MAIDMENT
Weight Watchers members will be putting their best feet forward to raise money for a health charity.
The 5K circular walk for the British Lung Foundation around Whitlingham Country Park in Trowse on the edge of Norwich, is happening at 1pm on Saturday, June 9.
It has been organised by Weight Watchers coach, Tracey Maidment, 52, from Cozens Road in Norwich.
Mrs Maidment, a former smoker, is raising money for the British Lung Foundation because her father died in 2012 from pulmonary fibrosis which scars the lungs and causes breathing problems.
He and his family were helped by the Breath Easy support group, part of the British Lung Foundation.
Mrs Maidment has organised the walk as part of Weight Watchers' #WW5kMyWay challenge.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'It is to encourage people to get more active.'
The 5K walk starts from St Andrew's Church opposite Whitlingham Lane in Trowse and anyone can take part.
- 1 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 2 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 3 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Community in shock as murder investigation launched
- 6 Suburb's shock after mugging attempt leaves teen laying on path
- 7 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 8 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 9 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 10 Four more roads in Norwich to close for resurfacing work