Chance to join Norfolk youth choir
Kate ScotterBudding singers are being invited to join a choir which has gone from strength to strength over the last 18 years.Kate Scotter
Budding singers are being invited to join a choir which has gone from strength to strength over the last 18 years.
Since its humble beginnings in 1992, the award-winning Broadland Youth Choir (BYC) has sought to give young singers in and around Norfolk the opportunity to join together in music making.
Now the choir is holding auditions for the coming season. Young singers who join this season will have a chance to perform in 'Joseph' this April as well as BYC's regular performances.
A young singer can start with the BYC at age seven or eight, and have the advantage of expert voice production tuition.
You may also want to watch:
The choir has recently performed on BBC's Songs of Praise, in Joseph no less than 10 times and in Evita. They also performed in the National Finals of Music for Youth in Birmingham and are regular performers at Llangollen International Eistedfodd.
Anyone interest in auditioning should call musical director Carole Tims on 01603 721912.
- 1 Emma Thompson and Peaky Blinders actor to star in new film shot in Norwich
- 2 ‘Safeguarding’ teacher allowed vulnerable pupil to keep pills
- 3 Family of missing man informed after body found near lake
- 4 Road to close for three nights for £100,000 work
- 5 Big Issue seller on how lockdown pushed him closer to homelessness
- 6 Drama as police plane circles villages for missing person
- 7 Road closed after police incident in Norwich
- 8 Comedy in the Park and Britannia Pier shows among confirmed 2021 events
- 9 Olives in Norwich launches cooked breakfast delivery service
- 10 More than 40pc of people in Norfolk have now had their first Covid jab