Chance to join Norfolk youth choir
Kate ScotterBudding singers are being invited to join a choir which has gone from strength to strength over the last 18 years.Kate Scotter
Budding singers are being invited to join a choir which has gone from strength to strength over the last 18 years.
Since its humble beginnings in 1992, the award-winning Broadland Youth Choir (BYC) has sought to give young singers in and around Norfolk the opportunity to join together in music making.
Now the choir is holding auditions for the coming season. Young singers who join this season will have a chance to perform in 'Joseph' this April as well as BYC's regular performances.
A young singer can start with the BYC at age seven or eight, and have the advantage of expert voice production tuition.
The choir has recently performed on BBC's Songs of Praise, in Joseph no less than 10 times and in Evita. They also performed in the National Finals of Music for Youth in Birmingham and are regular performers at Llangollen International Eistedfodd.
Anyone interest in auditioning should call musical director Carole Tims on 01603 721912.
- 1 Norwich Airport TUI flight delayed by 42 hours
- 2 5 new shop openings in Norwich to look forward to
- 3 Road closures revealed for Lord Mayor's Celebration
- 4 Landlady 'hard at work' as city pub prepares for July reopening
- 5 Can you spot yourself at the Simply Red gig at Earlham Park?
- 6 Police called after sudden death at home near Norwich
- 7 Peter Crouch speaks on bid to track down his 'Norfolk husband'
- 8 Carriageway of A11 closed after air ambulance called to crash
- 9 Blanket ban: Standing room only for Simply Red fans
- 10 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub