Chance to join Norfolk youth choir
Kate ScotterBudding singers are being invited to join a choir which has gone from strength to strength over the last 18 years.Kate Scotter
Budding singers are being invited to join a choir which has gone from strength to strength over the last 18 years.
Since its humble beginnings in 1992, the award-winning Broadland Youth Choir (BYC) has sought to give young singers in and around Norfolk the opportunity to join together in music making.
Now the choir is holding auditions for the coming season. Young singers who join this season will have a chance to perform in 'Joseph' this April as well as BYC's regular performances.
A young singer can start with the BYC at age seven or eight, and have the advantage of expert voice production tuition.
The choir has recently performed on BBC's Songs of Praise, in Joseph no less than 10 times and in Evita. They also performed in the National Finals of Music for Youth in Birmingham and are regular performers at Llangollen International Eistedfodd.
Anyone interest in auditioning should call musical director Carole Tims on 01603 721912.
- 1 City teen named Ikea drops furniture brand as first name
- 2 Norwich chippy ranked as one of best in UK
- 3 Neighbourhood bemused after garage turned into barber shop
- 4 'It would mean everything to get it back': Heartfelt plea to reunite widow with engagement ring
- 5 Customers in shock as parking charges rack up at retail park
- 6 Smokehouse launches takeaway Sunday roasts with loaded Yorkshire puddings
- 7 'What on earth!' - City folk baffled by obstacle cone stuck in pavement
- 8 Former City defender Klose training with Championship club
- 9 'Normal is nerve-wracking': City bosses' plan to keep masks despite rules
- 10 Bolted e-bike worth 'more than £1,000' nabbed from Norwich home