Chance to join Norfolk youth choir
Kate ScotterBudding singers are being invited to join a choir which has gone from strength to strength over the last 18 years.Kate Scotter
Budding singers are being invited to join a choir which has gone from strength to strength over the last 18 years.
Since its humble beginnings in 1992, the award-winning Broadland Youth Choir (BYC) has sought to give young singers in and around Norfolk the opportunity to join together in music making.
Now the choir is holding auditions for the coming season. Young singers who join this season will have a chance to perform in 'Joseph' this April as well as BYC's regular performances.
A young singer can start with the BYC at age seven or eight, and have the advantage of expert voice production tuition.
You may also want to watch:
The choir has recently performed on BBC's Songs of Praise, in Joseph no less than 10 times and in Evita. They also performed in the National Finals of Music for Youth in Birmingham and are regular performers at Llangollen International Eistedfodd.
Anyone interest in auditioning should call musical director Carole Tims on 01603 721912.
- 1 Reaction to plans for new Norwich Block entertainment venue
- 2 New 170-place school likely to get go-ahead
- 3 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
- 4 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 5 Costa Coffee to close Norwich high street cafe
- 6 Nut allergy fears spark battle for 'landmark' walnut tree
- 7 Tributes pour in for 'much loved lady' after body found
- 8 Pupils demand cycle lane as NDR sends 1200 cars their way during rush hour
- 9 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 10 Landlord pays tenants £980 following battle with 'extreme mould and damp'