Chance to join Norfolk youth choir
Kate ScotterBudding singers are being invited to join a choir which has gone from strength to strength over the last 18 years.Kate Scotter
Budding singers are being invited to join a choir which has gone from strength to strength over the last 18 years.
Since its humble beginnings in 1992, the award-winning Broadland Youth Choir (BYC) has sought to give young singers in and around Norfolk the opportunity to join together in music making.
Now the choir is holding auditions for the coming season. Young singers who join this season will have a chance to perform in 'Joseph' this April as well as BYC's regular performances.
A young singer can start with the BYC at age seven or eight, and have the advantage of expert voice production tuition.
You may also want to watch:
The choir has recently performed on BBC's Songs of Praise, in Joseph no less than 10 times and in Evita. They also performed in the National Finals of Music for Youth in Birmingham and are regular performers at Llangollen International Eistedfodd.
Anyone interest in auditioning should call musical director Carole Tims on 01603 721912.
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 3 Police called as Horsford tree-hacker strikes again
- 4 Norwich nostalgia: Visit Eaton Park in the 1990s
- 5 Winners of the Eat Out Norwich Awards 2021 announced
- 6 Queues and pump closures continue across city
- 7 Cob yobs launch crops at homes in bizarre attack
- 8 'Goth' mum heckled in street hits back at haters
- 9 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 10 Three cars smash into wall at petrol station as bosses take action