Chance to celebrate in Norwich band’s success
A Norwich-based musician and his bandmates are at the forefront of a music revolution encouraging fans to invest in their first album.
Drummer Josh Key, 19, and the rest of the Ivyrise band have been signed to the unique record label My Major Company, which encourages fans to buy shares in bands to raise �100,000 to pay for the first album.
In return, investors receive a slice of the band's album sales based on how much they have invested.
And fans have got the chance to catch the four-piece pop rock band, influenced by the bands 30 Seconds to Mars, Kids in Glass Houses and Coldplay, live at Norwich Arts Centre next Saturday.
Josh, who lives in Thorpe St Andrew, said: 'I personally think it is a very good concept if it works.'
He added: 'It is a very exciting time to be in this band. The music industry has changed a lot, and it is near on impossible for unknown bands to break through when record labels are spending less and less money each year on developing new acts.'
My Major Company have the former boss of Warner Music International Paul-Ren� Albertini behind them and the label was first set up in France in 2008.
- 1 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 2 Single mum resorts to sleeping in her car due to 'unlivable' flat
- 3 Norwich man charged with kidnap after posing as a taxi driver
- 4 Riverside pub undergoes £80k refurb in time for summer
- 5 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 6 Team behind Golden Triangle pub take on Edith Cavell in Norwich
- 7 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 8 Major changes coming to the sale of domestic fuels
- 9 Eleventh McDonald's drive-thru could be set for Norwich
- 10 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
The �100,000 invested is spent on recording, marketing and the release of the album.
Mr Key added the band met at the Academy of Contemporary Music at Guildford and plays gigs across the country.
The other members are Mark Nagle (bass guitar), Dan Tanner (lead guitarist), and Ben Falinski (lead singer).
For more information, go to www.myspace.com/ivyrise
For the latest gig listings or to find out whats happening near you, go to www.eveningnews24.co.uk