Chance to celebrate in Norwich band’s success
A Norwich-based musician and his bandmates are at the forefront of a music revolution encouraging fans to invest in their first album.
Drummer Josh Key, 19, and the rest of the Ivyrise band have been signed to the unique record label My Major Company, which encourages fans to buy shares in bands to raise �100,000 to pay for the first album.
In return, investors receive a slice of the band's album sales based on how much they have invested.
And fans have got the chance to catch the four-piece pop rock band, influenced by the bands 30 Seconds to Mars, Kids in Glass Houses and Coldplay, live at Norwich Arts Centre next Saturday.
Josh, who lives in Thorpe St Andrew, said: 'I personally think it is a very good concept if it works.'
You may also want to watch:
He added: 'It is a very exciting time to be in this band. The music industry has changed a lot, and it is near on impossible for unknown bands to break through when record labels are spending less and less money each year on developing new acts.'
My Major Company have the former boss of Warner Music International Paul-Ren� Albertini behind them and the label was first set up in France in 2008.
- 1 Enjoy afternoon tea on Britain's poshest train departing from Norwich
- 2 'No help to us' - Mixed views on £6.1m street revamp
- 3 Business fears for Christmas trade if council doesn't fix traffic 'chaos'
- 4 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 5 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 6 Norfolk man jailed for historic child sex abuse offences
- 7 Child sex abuse victim: 'I'm still angry, but haven't let him ruin my life'
- 8 TikTok craze sparks calls to stop sale of beans to under-18s
- 9 Former policeman in court in Norwich charged with rape and assaults
- 10 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
The �100,000 invested is spent on recording, marketing and the release of the album.
Mr Key added the band met at the Academy of Contemporary Music at Guildford and plays gigs across the country.
The other members are Mark Nagle (bass guitar), Dan Tanner (lead guitarist), and Ben Falinski (lead singer).
For more information, go to www.myspace.com/ivyrise
For the latest gig listings or to find out whats happening near you, go to www.eveningnews24.co.uk