Chance for breathtaking views over Yarmouth
Anthony CarrollPeople can have a bird's eye view of Great Yarmouth from this weekend as the town's towering Nelson Monument opens to visitors.Anthony Carroll
People can have a bird's eye view of Great Yarmouth from this weekend as the town's towering Nelson Monument opens to visitors.
On Saturday and Sunday the 144ft high monument will be open with guides taking people up the site's 217 steps to get a breathtaking view of the area.
Further open weekends at the 193-year-old structure will be held on May 8-9, June 12-13, July 10-11, August 14-15, September 11-12 and October 2-3.
Tours are for two people, last 30 minutes and cost �6. To book a place, call 01493 850698. There may be limited tours available on the day.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 3 Eight men arrested after multiple stabbing in Norwich
- 4 Charity boss in battle with driver who keeps nicking loading space
- 5 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 6 Norwich man crowned Britain's Best Young Chef
- 7 Tenants living in freezing, dark flats after power went out FIVE days ago
- 8 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 9 Speed signs to FINALLY be installed at 'accident hotspot'
- 10 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home