Chance for breathtaking views over Yarmouth
Anthony CarrollPeople can have a bird's eye view of Great Yarmouth from this weekend as the town's towering Nelson Monument opens to visitors.Anthony Carroll
People can have a bird's eye view of Great Yarmouth from this weekend as the town's towering Nelson Monument opens to visitors.
On Saturday and Sunday the 144ft high monument will be open with guides taking people up the site's 217 steps to get a breathtaking view of the area.
Further open weekends at the 193-year-old structure will be held on May 8-9, June 12-13, July 10-11, August 14-15, September 11-12 and October 2-3.
Tours are for two people, last 30 minutes and cost �6. To book a place, call 01493 850698. There may be limited tours available on the day.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 In photos: Norwich transformed but deserted in lockdown snowfall
- 2 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 3 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 4 Drag Race star kicks off BBC show stint with Norwich City theme
- 5 Tributes paid to 'happy and giggly' woman who died aged 23
- 6 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 7 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 8 Pizza and Yorkshire pudding wrap takeaway opening in Norwich
- 9 'Village would be worse without it' - Owner on plans for 17th century pub
- 10 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison