Chance for breathtaking views over Yarmouth
Anthony CarrollPeople can have a bird's eye view of Great Yarmouth from this weekend as the town's towering Nelson Monument opens to visitors.Anthony Carroll
People can have a bird's eye view of Great Yarmouth from this weekend as the town's towering Nelson Monument opens to visitors.
On Saturday and Sunday the 144ft high monument will be open with guides taking people up the site's 217 steps to get a breathtaking view of the area.
Further open weekends at the 193-year-old structure will be held on May 8-9, June 12-13, July 10-11, August 14-15, September 11-12 and October 2-3.
Tours are for two people, last 30 minutes and cost �6. To book a place, call 01493 850698. There may be limited tours available on the day.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 2 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 3 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 4 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 5 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 6 New bus and cycle lane opens after traffic disruption into city
- 7 Jailed in Norfolk last week: Drug dealer, £1.3m fraudster and paedophile
- 8 What next for The Birdcage in Norwich?
- 9 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 10 Music shop for rent after couple bow out after 34 years