Chance for breathtaking views over Yarmouth
Anthony CarrollPeople can have a bird's eye view of Great Yarmouth from this weekend as the town's towering Nelson Monument opens to visitors.Anthony Carroll
People can have a bird's eye view of Great Yarmouth from this weekend as the town's towering Nelson Monument opens to visitors.
On Saturday and Sunday the 144ft high monument will be open with guides taking people up the site's 217 steps to get a breathtaking view of the area.
Further open weekends at the 193-year-old structure will be held on May 8-9, June 12-13, July 10-11, August 14-15, September 11-12 and October 2-3.
Tours are for two people, last 30 minutes and cost �6. To book a place, call 01493 850698. There may be limited tours available on the day.
- 1 'Barcelona-style' redevelopment of Next store mooted
- 2 5 affordable homes for first-time buyers currently for sale in Norwich
- 3 Sweet Briar Road 'still on track' to reopen by end of May
- 4 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 5 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 6 9 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in Norwich
- 7 We built this city: Meet the firm behind some of Norwich's famous landmarks
- 8 Is this fish and chip-themed afternoon tea the perfect Jubilee treat?
- 9 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 10 Rumours Sweet Briar Road will close again QUASHED by council