Champion fundraiser from Earlham to take part in the Great North Run
A champion fundraiser is getting ready to put on his running shoes for his latest charity challenge.
Forty-three-year-old Richard Dade, who lives in Earlham, has previously raised more that �25,000 for various cancer charities.
Now he is hoping to boost funds for Brain Tumour UK by taking part in the Great North Run.
He will be joining thousands of other runners on the 13.1 mile course from Newcastle to South Shields on Sunday, September 16.
Mr Dade, a commercial and fleet specialist for Duff Morgan Citroen in Norwich, said the Brain Tumour UK charity was a cause close to his heart because a close friend and colleague and one of his family members have been affected by the condition.
You may also want to watch:
About the run, he said: 'This will be my third Great North Run, I ran in 2010 and 2011 and was pleased to raise more than �3000 and would now like to go for my hat trick and try and raise even more funds.
'To date I have raised over �25,000 for various cancer related charities, which includes seven full marathons and four other half marathons.'
- 1 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 2 Norwich's Jack Wills store to close
- 3 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 4 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 'People love it' - Landlady opens second pub in Earlham Road
- 7 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 8 Norwich city centre roundabout revamp remains 'firmly in pipeline'
- 9 New Covid testing site opens near Norwich
- 10 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
To sponsor Mr Dade visit http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/richarddade
For more information about Brain Tumour UK visit the charity's website at www.braintumouruk.org.uk