Champion fundraiser from Earlham to take part in the Great North Run
A champion fundraiser is getting ready to put on his running shoes for his latest charity challenge.
Forty-three-year-old Richard Dade, who lives in Earlham, has previously raised more that �25,000 for various cancer charities.
Now he is hoping to boost funds for Brain Tumour UK by taking part in the Great North Run.
He will be joining thousands of other runners on the 13.1 mile course from Newcastle to South Shields on Sunday, September 16.
Mr Dade, a commercial and fleet specialist for Duff Morgan Citroen in Norwich, said the Brain Tumour UK charity was a cause close to his heart because a close friend and colleague and one of his family members have been affected by the condition.
About the run, he said: 'This will be my third Great North Run, I ran in 2010 and 2011 and was pleased to raise more than �3000 and would now like to go for my hat trick and try and raise even more funds.
'To date I have raised over �25,000 for various cancer related charities, which includes seven full marathons and four other half marathons.'
- 1 Customers in shock as parking charges rack up at retail park
- 2 Neighbourhood bemused after garage turned into barber shop
- 3 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 4 Protest planned as anger grows against 725 homes plan
- 5 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 6 Arrest after man found with large quantity of cannabis and lock knife
- 7 Five of Norwich's best takeaways according to our readers
- 8 City schools to share one site as building returned to council
- 9 New beer and burrito bar opens in city centre
- 10 Neighbours saw homeowner using hosepipe to fight flames of school building
To sponsor Mr Dade visit http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/richarddade
For more information about Brain Tumour UK visit the charity's website at www.braintumouruk.org.uk