Celebrating cultures and raising cash
Sam EmanuelA colourful day in which an infant school celebrated different cultures around the world has raised almost �200 for charity.Sam Emanuel
A colourful day in which an infant school celebrated different cultures around the world has raised almost �200 for charity.
Children at Browick Road Infant School in Wymondham dressed up in the colours of national flags from around the world and took part in food tasting, singing, art and drama to raise money for Unicef.
Almost 240 children from the school's nine classes came dressed in the colours of the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, Ireland, India, Poland and France for the event on Thursday, February 4.
Head teacher Daryl Long said: 'All of the children took part. We were delighted with their response. We raised over �180 and this followed on from a Haiti earthquake appeal collection a few weeks before, which raised �216.
'We wanted the children to develop their global understanding of other cultures around the world. They particularly enjoyed dressing up and eating the food!
'We had a big celebration assembly at the end and each class presented something about their country. Some sang songs, others counted in the language and we had an excellent Irish dancing display.'
- 1 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 2 Woman with incurable cancer left devastated after car and jewellery stolen
- 3 £3,000 worth of beauty products stolen from Sainsbury's store
- 4 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 5 Eight-bed detached house in NR3 up for auction for £300k
- 6 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
- 7 Homes plan for former Start-Rite shoe factory site rejected
- 8 Independent city store 'honoured' to be named UK's retailer of the year
- 9 Norwich man charged with kidnap after posing as a taxi driver
- 10 Thorpe Road closes to all traffic as resurfacing work begins
Has your school got any news? Call Sam Emanuel on 01603 772438 or email email@example.com.