Celebrating cultures and raising cash
Sam EmanuelA colourful day in which an infant school celebrated different cultures around the world has raised almost �200 for charity.Sam Emanuel
A colourful day in which an infant school celebrated different cultures around the world has raised almost �200 for charity.
Children at Browick Road Infant School in Wymondham dressed up in the colours of national flags from around the world and took part in food tasting, singing, art and drama to raise money for Unicef.
Almost 240 children from the school's nine classes came dressed in the colours of the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, Ireland, India, Poland and France for the event on Thursday, February 4.
Head teacher Daryl Long said: 'All of the children took part. We were delighted with their response. We raised over �180 and this followed on from a Haiti earthquake appeal collection a few weeks before, which raised �216.
You may also want to watch:
'We wanted the children to develop their global understanding of other cultures around the world. They particularly enjoyed dressing up and eating the food!
'We had a big celebration assembly at the end and each class presented something about their country. Some sang songs, others counted in the language and we had an excellent Irish dancing display.'
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 3 Pupils will start September term in different school over safety fears
- 4 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 5 Major £800,000 revamp proposed for busy city road
- 6 'A great guy' - Tributes to much-loved City fan who travelled home and away
- 7 Affordable, high quality retro furniture store coming to city
- 8 Perfect plaices? Three fish and chip firms go up for sale
- 9 More than a dozen arrests in Norwich on Saturday night
- 10 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
Has your school got any news? Call Sam Emanuel on 01603 772438 or email email@example.com.