Catton Grove Primary pupils design tree for festive trail
Youngsters at a Norwich school have been enjoying some creative festive fun that has taken them on a round the world journey.
The pupils of Catton Grove Primary School, in Weston Road, are decorating one of the trees that will feature in the NORWICHRISTMAS Tree Art Trail, and the theme for their work of art is Christmas around the world.
Australia, Ethiopia, The Netherlands and Sweden are just some of the places to feature on their tree which will be displayed in St Andrew's Hall.
Teacher Helen Smith said: 'We chose Christmas around the world as the theme because we wanted to teach our children about how other children celebrate Christmas in different countries.
'The children have done brilliantly. They have worked really hard, have been really enthusiastic, and have really enjoyed learning about different cultures. They are very excited about the tree going on display in the city and are looking forward to seeing their tree in the trail.'
You may also want to watch:
Miss Smith said all of the school's pupils had been involved in the project.
Twenty-one trees will feature in the NORWICHRISTMAS Tree Art Trail. They will be on display throughout the city from November 17 until January 6 and some of the money raised from the tree project will be donated to Norwich Open Christmas.
- 1 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 2 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 3 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 4 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 5 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 6 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 7 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 8 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash
- 9 Plans to remove crossing in £440k works branded 'crazy' by councillors
- 10 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
The trail is a Norwich City Centre Partnership Project being managed by Norwich Arts Centre.
Pictured, from left, are Shelby Woodhouse, 5; Mackenzie Culley, 5; Ben Imber, 9; Daniel Whittaker, 10; Caitlin Barnes, 10; Ellie Jarmy, 10; and Josh Emms, 9. photo: denise bradley