Cathy Dennis backs Norwich city of culture bid
Peter WalshA Norwich-born pop singer who has gone onto become the most successful British female songwriter of all time, hopes she can make this fine city a smash hit with the judges in the UK's first City of Culture contest.Support Norwich on FacebookOfficial Norwich 2013 bid websitePeter Walsh
A Norwich-born pop singer who has gone onto become the most successful British female songwriter of all time, hopes she can make this fine city a smash hit with the judges in the UK's first City of Culture contest.
Cathy Dennis, who has penned worldwide hits like the 2001 Kylie Minogue song Can't Get You Out of My Head and I Kissed a Girl, which made Katy Perry an international star in 2008, has penned a note of support in favour of the city's bid.
She said: 'If it wasn't for the diversity of culture in the city of Norwich, I would never of developed such an eclectic taste which I have been told is prevalent in my work.'
The message of support from the former Norwich Union worker, who has seven UK number ones and five Ivor Novello awards to her name and who has also written hits for Britney Spears, Celine Dion, Hear'Say, S Club 7, and Rachel Stevens, comes just as Norwich submitted its final bid.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich now has just four weeks to prove why it, and not Sheffield, Birmingham, or Derry/Londonderry, deserves to be the first UK City of Culture in 2013.
Other stars to have so far supported Norwich's bid include Stephen Fry, Delia Smith, Simon Callow, Christopher Biggins, and Marco Pierre White.
- 1 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 2 Man, 47, in court on murder charge after Thorpe stabbing
- 3 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 4 Long-suffering A11 drivers to benefit as 50-year-old road replaced
- 5 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 6 Pet carer service's appeal to survive after Covid and faulty van struggles
- 7 Story behind this famous photo of when Norwich went electric in 1957
- 8 Meat factory for sale for £1.2million earmarked for homes
- 9 Police and air ambulance called to major incident near Norwich
- 10 £1.3m property for sale on one of most popular roads in Norwich
Read more stories from the campaign at www.en24.co.uk/culture