Castle Mall is going to be taken over by dinosaurs during half term
- Credit: Archant
During the May half term holidays, Norwich's Castle Mall will be taken over by a herd of dinosaurs and the Kastle Kids team are inviting all the children of Norwich to join in the fun.
Taking place on May 29, the event will allow children to follow a trail around the shopping centre, to find the dinosaurs that have escaped and are hiding round the centre. They will be rewarded with a sticker and a sweet treat for their hard work once they have handed in their trail sheet if they manage to find the Stegosaurus, Triceratops, Velociraptor, Allosaurus and Parasaurolophus.
Robert Bradley, Centre Manager, is looking forward to the exciting event.
He said: 'We are really looking forward to having the Dinosaur roadshow come to The Galaxy, and hope that children can learn from the event as well as enjoy themselves.
'We really enjoy being able to offer our local community the chance to enjoy free activities during the school holidays, as we understand how difficult it can be to entertain children on a budget.'
You may also want to watch:
This fun and educational day is completely free and encourages children to learn about dinosaurs and teaches them about fossils.
Archaeologists among the young ones should head to the St Johns area of the centre where they will be able to dig for bones, dust down their discoveries and ask any questions they may have to the experts that will be on hand.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 3 'We do everything correctly': Norwich takeaway handed one star hygiene rating
- 4 To cross or not to cross? Pledge to trim back danger hedge at blind corner
- 5 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 8 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 9 'We will come back stronger': Norwich restaurant to close for rebranding
- 10 Bars, restaurants and shops - Five new openings in Norwich this September
The team from Kastle Kids can be found in their new location, next to TK Maxx in the Castle Mall where there will be stories being read.
Stories include 'Dinosaurs in my school' and 'Dinosaurs in the supermarket', both by Timothy Knapman. They will also be able to create their own dinosaur to take home with them.
For the children who attend in fancy dress, they will be entered into the Kastle Kids fancy dress competition. The first prize is a family pass to the Dinosaur Adventure Park in Lenwade, who are sponsoring the competition. Additional prizes that are donated by the stores within the Castle Mall will be up for grabs.