Caroline's a super slimmer
Sam EmanuelA Norfolk woman who has shed almost a third of her body weight has gained a new zest for life and a renewed vigour for her teaching job.Sam Emanuel
A Norfolk woman who has shed almost a third of her body weight has gained a new zest for life and a renewed vigour for her teaching job.
Caroline Gardiner, 23, of Attleborough, weighed 19.5 stone this time last year, but has lost a massive six stone in 12 months.
The special needs teaching assistant, who works at Morley Primary School in Attleborough, swapped chocolate, crisps and ready meals for fresh food, potatoes and pasta to lose the weight, although she said she still allows herself an occasional Curly Wurly. She also took up swimming and aquafit classes, and does a lot of walking.
She said: 'It was all from a picture - I went out for a meal with a friend who was eight months pregnant, and my belly was bigger than hers! That was it.
'I'd had enough of the cycle - I felt really depressed about the way I looked and so I would eat more. My friend decided to start losing weight and so I went along to the classes with her.'
Miss Gardiner, who lives with her dad, her sister, her grandmother and her grandfather, followed the Extra Easy Plan with Slimming World, and was delighted to lose 8.5lbs in the first week.
- 1 REVEALED: New leisure venue replacing Riverside Chinese
- 2 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 3 Final warning for officer following clash between two women and cops
- 4 Restaurant loses walk-in trade after months of roadworks
- 5 Norwich family heart-broken to find charity plants stolen
- 6 Huge chalet bungalow for sale near Norwich offers 'oasis' for £700k
- 7 Three-vehicle crash closes part of A47 near Norwich
- 8 Teenager holding knife chases boy along city road
- 9 Woman in serious condition in hospital after crash between two cars and van
- 10 Revealed: All the city road closures for Run Norwich
She added: 'I couldn't believe it. Since then I've lost up to three lbs every week. I used to have really bad asthma and need to use my pump after just walking down a road, but it's gone now and I do a lot more exercise.
'I work in a little school and my weight loss has mean I can play with the children a lot more and don't get embarrassed about getting involved and playing along with them. It's really changed my life.'
Debbie Smith, consultant at the Wymondham Slimming World group, where Caroline is a member, said: 'She is just an inspiration to everybody. She has even been with me to visit other groups to talk to members about what they can achieve. What she's done is amazing.'
Have you got a positive story about how you've changed your life? Call Sam Emanuel on 01603 772438 or email email@example.com.