Closing date of popular Italian restaurant in Norwich announced
- Credit: Archant copyright 2011
A well-known Italian restaurant in Norwich city centre is due to close just before Christmas.
It was announced earlier this year that the Norwich branch of Carluccio's could be closed as part of a restructuring of the company.
It was one of roughly 30 which was at risk, with some 500 jobs at the Italian chain in doubt.
Closure of the Chapelfield branch was later confirmed, and the company has now announced its last day of trading will be December 23.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson said: 'Following the announcement that Carluccio's has entered a Company Voluntary Arrangement, it is confirmed that the Norwich restaurant will close. This is rationalisation of the business for commercial reasons and in no way reflects the passion and commitment displayed by our team. We thank them for their hard work and we aim to place staff at alternative Carluccio's sites where possible after we cease trading.'
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 3 Motorcyclist injured after crash on Norwich road
- 4 Egg-lobbing mob leads police to step up presence in suburb
- 5 7 of the best places to see fireworks in and around Norwich in 2021
- 6 'They can't get away with it': Petrol boss defiant after spate of crimes
- 7 All the fish and chip shops in Norwich with 5-star hygiene ratings
- 8 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 9 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 10 'They don't add up' - Mixed reaction to city development plans