Closing date of popular Italian restaurant in Norwich announced
- Credit: Archant copyright 2011
A well-known Italian restaurant in Norwich city centre is due to close just before Christmas.
It was announced earlier this year that the Norwich branch of Carluccio's could be closed as part of a restructuring of the company.
It was one of roughly 30 which was at risk, with some 500 jobs at the Italian chain in doubt.
Closure of the Chapelfield branch was later confirmed, and the company has now announced its last day of trading will be December 23.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson said: 'Following the announcement that Carluccio's has entered a Company Voluntary Arrangement, it is confirmed that the Norwich restaurant will close. This is rationalisation of the business for commercial reasons and in no way reflects the passion and commitment displayed by our team. We thank them for their hard work and we aim to place staff at alternative Carluccio's sites where possible after we cease trading.'
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 3 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 4 What next for The Birdcage in Norwich?
- 5 Norwich bar named among 30 best cocktail spots in UK
- 6 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 7 50,000 home plans go ahead but issues remain
- 8 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 9 Neighbours of award-winning council estate blighted by rubbish and rats
- 10 Car collides with bus near petrol station on Dereham Road