Man’s river death inquest adjourned
- Credit: Archant
An inquest into the death of man whose body was found in the River Yare has been adjourned, so the coroner can gather more information about his life.
Carl Gooch, 58, was discovered near Eaton Vale Activity Centre, on the outskirts of Norwich on January 25.
At an inquest into his death, held at Norfolk Coroner’s Court on August 11, Yvonne Blake, area coroner for Norfolk, read statements from Mr Gooch’s family, police who were called to the River Yare in January, Mr Gooch’s GP practice and a post-mortem report.
The court heard how Mr Gooch, who lived in the Angel Road area of Norwich, had a history of depression and had been in contact with mental health services.
After hearing all the available evidence Ms Blake adjourned the inquest in order to gather more information about the last week of Mr Gooch’s life and contact with mental health services.
You may also want to watch:
The inquest has been adjourned to a date yet to be confirmed.
• If you need help and support, call Norfolk and Suffolk Foundation Trust’s First Response helpline 0808 196 3494 or the Samaritans on 116 123. Both services are available 24 hours 7 days a week. You can also download the Stay Alive app on Apple and Android.
- 1 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 2 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 3 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 4 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 5 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 7 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students