Man’s river death inquest adjourned
- Credit: Archant
An inquest into the death of man whose body was found in the River Yare has been adjourned, so the coroner can gather more information about his life.
Carl Gooch, 58, was discovered near Eaton Vale Activity Centre, on the outskirts of Norwich on January 25.
At an inquest into his death, held at Norfolk Coroner’s Court on August 11, Yvonne Blake, area coroner for Norfolk, read statements from Mr Gooch’s family, police who were called to the River Yare in January, Mr Gooch’s GP practice and a post-mortem report.
The court heard how Mr Gooch, who lived in the Angel Road area of Norwich, had a history of depression and had been in contact with mental health services.
After hearing all the available evidence Ms Blake adjourned the inquest in order to gather more information about the last week of Mr Gooch’s life and contact with mental health services.
You may also want to watch:
The inquest has been adjourned to a date yet to be confirmed.
• If you need help and support, call Norfolk and Suffolk Foundation Trust’s First Response helpline 0808 196 3494 or the Samaritans on 116 123. Both services are available 24 hours 7 days a week. You can also download the Stay Alive app on Apple and Android.
- 1 9 of the best farm shops in Norfolk
- 2 Bid to turn Norwich pub into health clinic
- 3 Boost for outdoor drinking and dining when Covid restrictions ease
- 4 NCFC transfer rumours: Canaries make approach to re-sign Skipp
- 5 Fresh questions over 'Japanese restaurant' in Norwich home
- 6 Almost £2m spent on homes and land blighted by NDR Western Link
- 7 Date set for High Court showdown over £271m Anglia Square plans
- 8 Expansion will see 250 extra places at oversubscribed school
- 9 Family's horror after learning mother was buried in wrong grave
- 10 'It wasn't the best fit' - Aarons on the January bid that City turned down