Car explosion, boy racer and Krispy Kreme - The five most popular stories read by you in September
PUBLISHED: 12:11 04 October 2016 | UPDATED: 12:20 04 October 2016
In case you missed something, here are our most read stories for the month of September.
1. New father describes his narrow escape from car explosion in Hellesdon
The driver of Smart Car, who had just become a father, narrowly escaped injury after his car exploded on Cromer Road in Norwich.
2. Norwich ‘boy racer’ jailed after seriously injuring four friends who had just picked up a McDonald’s
Danny Wright was jailed for two years after being convicted of causing serious injury by dangerous driving following an incident where his Ford Mondeo collided with a Vauxhall Corsa pulling out of McDonald’s, seriously injuring the four people inside.
3. Two people shot in Norwich
Two people were shot, with what believed was a pellet gun, on Globe Place in the city following a number of incidents where windows were smashed in the city.
4. Doughnut fans queue for ten hours as Norwich Krispy Kreme store opens
People queued through the night in intu Chapelfield as the American doughnut giant opened their first store in the city, giving out bundles of free sweet treats.
5. Man arrested after armed police and negotiators called to Norwich home
Armed police were deployed to an address on Beverley Road due to concerns for a man’s safety but were later stood down and a man was arrested.