Car crashes into garden in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A car has crashed into a garden in Orchard Street, Norwich.
Josephine Bilton woke to a loud bang at around 7am followed by a repetitive thumping sound.
When Mrs Bilton looked out of her window she found a silver Renault had crashed into her front garden and a man was knocking on the door and saying he was sorry.
However, as Mrs Bilton answered the door the man fled the scene.
Mrs Bilton said: 'I was quite shaken really and I think he was too. He panicked.'
You may also want to watch:
Police have attended the scene and the council are towing the vehicle.
- 1 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 2 Warning to others after mum breaks leg using park zip wire
- 3 What 45,000 new homes will mean for our city
- 4 Streets in Norwich close for car-free day
- 5 New sculpture trail launched for park near Norwich
- 6 'A very easy Brexit win' - Traders have say on imperial measures change
- 7 Five of the most expensive properties for rent in Norwich
- 8 Impact of T-Rex trail revealed as sculptures leave city
- 9 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 10 Man arrested after assaulting three police officers outside Popworld