Abandoned car with crass graffiti cleared
- Credit: Contributed
The "quick response" to clear an abandoned car with a crude message graffitied on it has been praised.
A Vauxhall Corsa was left on the grass verge on the side of North Walsham Road in Sprowston for a week with pink paint sprayed on it.
It was reported to Broadland District Council was on Wednesday, September 1 and an officer was on site the same day.
The car was removed by Friday, September 3 from its location near to the Barkers Lane junction.
Sprowston town councillor, Bill Couzens, said: "It was a very good job by Broadland to find out and get it sorted straightaway.
"It seemed odd that the town council and none of the councillors had been informed as that is what we are here for.
"There are often cars parked on verges for extended periods either for sale or just parked by the owner so abandoned cars can be missed, as in this case."
- 1 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 2 Shoe outlet opens first city centre branch in former Carphone Warehouse
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 Golden Triangle pub goes up for sale for half a million
- 5 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 6 Pensioner can't leave home because of 'obstacle course' outside
- 7 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 8 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 9 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 10 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps