Cancer charity's boost from Norwich folk
Sam EmanuelAlmost �2,000 has been raised for a Norfolk cancer charity thanks to generous theatre-goers and shoppers.Sam Emanuel
Almost �2,000 has been raised for a Norfolk cancer charity thanks to generous theatre-goers and shoppers.
The Big C held bucket collections at the Theatre Royal and at Morrisons, Riverside, raising �1890.87.
The Theatre Royal the charity the opportunity to collect from the audience after all the performances of The 39 Steps in April, raising an impressive �1354.24.
On April 23 and April 24, the charity held a bucket collection at Morrison's at Riverside and was delighted with the response from the store's customers, who donated �536.63 over the two days.
Sharon Hulbert, spokeswoman for the charity, said: 'We were delighted by the generosity of those who donated to Big C, but also to the volunteers who helped collect on our behalf. We would also like to thank the staff at both the Theatre and Morrisons who made us feel very welcome.'
The Big C funds equipment for Norfolk hospitals and raises money for the care and support of cancer patients and their families through the Big C Centre at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
- 1 City folk baffled after being barricaded into their own homes
- 2 All you need to know ahead of The Killers concert at Carrow Road
- 3 Fears Spurs fans may infiltrate home end at Norwich City match
- 4 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
- 5 New Japanese bar and restaurant plans to open in Norwich next month
- 6 Do you own one of these toys which are selling for £1,000?
- 7 One-bed maisonette is up for sale in one of the coolest parts of Norwich
- 8 Man arrested after hundreds of cannabis plants seized in city
- 9 The top 7 fish and chip shops in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Owners of taco and gourmet burger trailers open restaurant in Norwich
To find out more, visit www.big-c.co.uk or call 01603 619900.