Cancer charity's boost from Norwich folk
Sam EmanuelAlmost �2,000 has been raised for a Norfolk cancer charity thanks to generous theatre-goers and shoppers.Sam Emanuel
Almost �2,000 has been raised for a Norfolk cancer charity thanks to generous theatre-goers and shoppers.
The Big C held bucket collections at the Theatre Royal and at Morrisons, Riverside, raising �1890.87.
The Theatre Royal the charity the opportunity to collect from the audience after all the performances of The 39 Steps in April, raising an impressive �1354.24.
On April 23 and April 24, the charity held a bucket collection at Morrison's at Riverside and was delighted with the response from the store's customers, who donated �536.63 over the two days.
Sharon Hulbert, spokeswoman for the charity, said: 'We were delighted by the generosity of those who donated to Big C, but also to the volunteers who helped collect on our behalf. We would also like to thank the staff at both the Theatre and Morrisons who made us feel very welcome.'
The Big C funds equipment for Norfolk hospitals and raises money for the care and support of cancer patients and their families through the Big C Centre at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
- 1 'Grossly overpopulated': Fears over new 725 homes plan for city
- 2 New homes plan on woodland will cause 'irreversible' damage, locals warn
- 3 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 4 'I caught the dreaded Covid' says music legend after cancelled city gig
- 5 Why Heartsease is now city's sought-after suburb
- 6 Outpouring of love for 'happy chappy' Chris
- 7 Barbecue takeaway finally reopens after 'pile of issues' with building
- 8 NHS worker's plea after being followed and spiked at private party
- 9 See inside this Grade II listed cottage with 2-bed annexe near Norwich
- 10 No arrests made after brutal attack which left girls with 'mental scars'
To find out more, visit www.big-c.co.uk or call 01603 619900.