Cancer charity's boost from Norwich folk
Sam EmanuelAlmost �2,000 has been raised for a Norfolk cancer charity thanks to generous theatre-goers and shoppers.Sam Emanuel
Almost �2,000 has been raised for a Norfolk cancer charity thanks to generous theatre-goers and shoppers.
The Big C held bucket collections at the Theatre Royal and at Morrisons, Riverside, raising �1890.87.
The Theatre Royal the charity the opportunity to collect from the audience after all the performances of The 39 Steps in April, raising an impressive �1354.24.
On April 23 and April 24, the charity held a bucket collection at Morrison's at Riverside and was delighted with the response from the store's customers, who donated �536.63 over the two days.
You may also want to watch:
Sharon Hulbert, spokeswoman for the charity, said: 'We were delighted by the generosity of those who donated to Big C, but also to the volunteers who helped collect on our behalf. We would also like to thank the staff at both the Theatre and Morrisons who made us feel very welcome.'
The Big C funds equipment for Norfolk hospitals and raises money for the care and support of cancer patients and their families through the Big C Centre at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
- 1 Greek chain looks set to take over former Giraffe restaurant
- 2 New pasta and cocktail bar to open in Norwich
- 3 Norwich Covid-19 case rate halves in just one week
- 4 Buy a former 1950s police station for sale for £330,000
- 5 Emma Thompson and Daryl McCormack arrive in Norwich for filming
- 6 Seven peaceful spots in Norwich to meet your bubble
- 7 Call for action over broken glass in playground sand
- 8 A small gesture that shows why Norwich City are a class apart
- 9 Former high street Georgian shop for sale as renovation project
- 10 Driver fined after leaving queue before entering Co-Op
To find out more, visit www.big-c.co.uk or call 01603 619900.