Cancer charity's boost from Norwich folk
Sam EmanuelAlmost �2,000 has been raised for a Norfolk cancer charity thanks to generous theatre-goers and shoppers.Sam Emanuel
Almost �2,000 has been raised for a Norfolk cancer charity thanks to generous theatre-goers and shoppers.
The Big C held bucket collections at the Theatre Royal and at Morrisons, Riverside, raising �1890.87.
The Theatre Royal the charity the opportunity to collect from the audience after all the performances of The 39 Steps in April, raising an impressive �1354.24.
On April 23 and April 24, the charity held a bucket collection at Morrison's at Riverside and was delighted with the response from the store's customers, who donated �536.63 over the two days.
You may also want to watch:
Sharon Hulbert, spokeswoman for the charity, said: 'We were delighted by the generosity of those who donated to Big C, but also to the volunteers who helped collect on our behalf. We would also like to thank the staff at both the Theatre and Morrisons who made us feel very welcome.'
The Big C funds equipment for Norfolk hospitals and raises money for the care and support of cancer patients and their families through the Big C Centre at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
- 1 Ex-filling station set to become kebab and pizza takeaway
- 2 Three teens arrested in connection with Norwich stabbing
- 3 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 4 Golden Triangle cocktail bar announces closure after 'troubling time'
- 5 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 6 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 7 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 8 New landlords hope to serve up Thai food in suburban pub
- 9 Police appeal after road in Sprowston is hit with two fires in one night
- 10 Locals split as 'terrifying' 60-year-old chestnut tree is felled
To find out more, visit www.big-c.co.uk or call 01603 619900.