Canary fans’ shock: There’s only two Paul Lamberts
He may not have guided the Canaries to top-flight football next season.
But that has not stopped a Norwich store manager from hearing chants of 'there's only two Paul Lamberts.'
The Roys manager has been creating a stir at the branch in Bowthorpe after a fan mistook him for the Norwich City boss with the same name.
One Canary fan on the Pink'un website forum claimed he rushed to the check-out at the department store when he heard 'Paul Lambert' being announced over the Tannoy.
Meanwhile, the store manager has also witnessed the name mix-up first hand when Canary fans appeared at a charity event because his name was listed as a guest speaker. But the store worker, who has no hint of a Scottish accent, has taken it in his stride claiming he does not mind the association – despite being a Nottingham Forest supporter.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'I usually get asked to speak to groups on behalf of the company and there was this one time where they put on the bill 'guest speaker Paul Lambert'. Afterwards the organisers had told me that a lot more men had turned up than usual because they had mistaken me for the Norwich City manager.
'It is worse though if we get a Norwich City player come into the store because the staff all shout 'there's only two Paul Lamberts'.
- 1 Man due in court charged with murder after fatal stabbing in Thorpe
- 2 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 3 City beer gardens heaving as lockdown eases and Norwich City promoted
- 4 Story behind this famous photo of when Norwich went electric in 1957
- 5 Sweepers clean up in city after busy Saturday night - and punters behave
- 6 Two Norwich fish and chip shops named among top 50 in the country
- 7 Public invited to have say on plans to convert derelict pub
- 8 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 9 Why The Sunday Times named Norwich one of the best places to live in 2021
- 10 Queues and tunes as life returns to city on Saturday after shops reopen
But the confusion with the Canaries gaffer has not stopped the Roys boss from heaping praise on his namesake.
He continued: 'I think he has done a brilliant job this season. It have given people a lift around the county. You have to give the man credit for what he has achieved.
'And if he ever fancies a day off next season, then I would be more than happy to step into his shoes.'
Mr Lambert has spent 15 years working at Roys stores throughout the county after joining the Dereham branch as a trainee.
Since then, he has gone on to spend three years as the manager of the Bowthorpe branch.
Do you share a name with someone famous? Contact reporter Ben Woods on 01603 772 439 or email email@example.com