Call for improved rail services between Norwich and Yarmouth
Tara GreavesA half hourly train service from Norwich to Great Yarmouth at peak times is one of the suggestions a transport users group has put forward in a wish list to be included in the new Greater Anglia rail franchise.Tara Greaves
A half hourly train service from Norwich to Great Yarmouth at peak times is one of the suggestions a transport users group has put forward in a wish list to be included in the new Greater Anglia rail franchise.
The East Norfolk Transport Users Association, founded in 1979, has put six suggestions to the Department for Transport to be built into the new franchise for when National Express East Anglia gives way to a new operator next year.
Steve Hewitt , a member of the association, said: 'Our aim is for better public transport from Norwich to Yarmouth.
Submissions for what we would like to see included in the new rail franchise have to be in by April 19 and the franchise operator will be announced at the end of the summer to begin on April 1 next year.
You may also want to watch:
'We have come up with half a dozen points we would like to see incorporated.'
They also include a service from Yarmouth to Cambridge once an hour and late night trains returning to the town from Norwich.
- 1 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 2 Langleys toy shop building for rent for £45,000 a year
- 3 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 4 Campaigners angry as park hedge cut down for tennis court scheme
- 5 'Unacceptable': Council hits out at soiled clothing left in public toilets
- 6 CCTV shows man who used stolen bank card at three Norwich stores
- 7 Glass smashed and racist graffiti sprayed onto Norwich house
- 8 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 9 Norwich woman's new cookie company has 'gone crazy'
- 10 Why Norwich must stop Debenhams becoming city centre black hole
Another key element is that any franchise has enough rolling stock so that if one breaks down there are not cancellations.
What do you think? Write to Evening News letters at Prospect House, Rouen Road, Norwich, NR1 1RE, or email email@example.com