Call for improved rail services between Norwich and Yarmouth
Tara GreavesA half hourly train service from Norwich to Great Yarmouth at peak times is one of the suggestions a transport users group has put forward in a wish list to be included in the new Greater Anglia rail franchise.Tara Greaves
A half hourly train service from Norwich to Great Yarmouth at peak times is one of the suggestions a transport users group has put forward in a wish list to be included in the new Greater Anglia rail franchise.
The East Norfolk Transport Users Association, founded in 1979, has put six suggestions to the Department for Transport to be built into the new franchise for when National Express East Anglia gives way to a new operator next year.
Steve Hewitt , a member of the association, said: 'Our aim is for better public transport from Norwich to Yarmouth.
Submissions for what we would like to see included in the new rail franchise have to be in by April 19 and the franchise operator will be announced at the end of the summer to begin on April 1 next year.
You may also want to watch:
'We have come up with half a dozen points we would like to see incorporated.'
They also include a service from Yarmouth to Cambridge once an hour and late night trains returning to the town from Norwich.
- 1 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 2 Streets in Norwich close for car-free day
- 3 The roadworks you need to know about in Norwich this week
- 4 Bus routes affected by driver shortages in Norwich
- 5 Bookshop to close with clothing store set to move in
- 6 Impact of T-Rex trail revealed as sculptures leave city
- 7 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 8 Warning to others after mum breaks leg using park zip wire
- 9 'A very easy Brexit win' - Traders have say on imperial measures change
- 10 New sculpture trail launched for park near Norwich
Another key element is that any franchise has enough rolling stock so that if one breaks down there are not cancellations.
What do you think? Write to Evening News letters at Prospect House, Rouen Road, Norwich, NR1 1RE, or email email@example.com