Norwich city centre café lodges bid to serve alcohol and extend hours
- Credit: Archant
A coffee shop and sandwich bar in Norwich city centre has lodged a bid to serve alcohol and extend its opening hours.
The Café Club, on King Street, has submitted a premises licence application to Norwich City Council over the plans.
In the application, lodged by Rebecca Savage, it says: 'Our main customer base is workers in the nearby offices. We can sit about 10 people in the main area, there is a kitchen, toilet and basement.
'We would like to serve alcohol during the day with food but looking particularly to open later on Thursdays and would like to serve alcohol and a small food menu for customers sitting in. We may open late for special occasions if allowed.'
It says they would open until 9pm on Thursdays, compared to 4pm now, and later on certain days, with bonfire night given as an example.
You may also want to watch:
Throughout the rest of the week, alcohol would be supplied from 12pm to around 3pm. Comments can be made until October 30.
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 3 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 4 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 5 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 6 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 7 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 8 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours