Buy of the day: White shirt
If you don't like the bright bold colours of the new season go for spring's new neutral and wear white
Did you know that wearing white head to toe will actually make you look slimmer? In fact image consultants say that white is more slimming than black; it's something to do with light and other scientific theories.
So it's good news that the neutral for spring is this slimming shade.
White was on the SS11 catwalks in London, Paris, and of course Norwich - remember Norwich designer Marian Williams' dress dyed in silver birch bark? The idea is to layer white garments to create a soft, feminine look for the new season.
Life Matters can't help worrying about getting this pristine look dirty, after all how practical are white trousers when you are working or playing with your children?
However, we love the crisp whiteness of the look as it really lifts our spirits, especially as the weather is still chilly. So how about this white shirt from Sophie Gray at BHS? It's perfect for wearing like a tunic over leggings and boots, layering with a knitted waistcoat or cardigan, and good for tucking into a pair of chinos. But really we cannot wait to wear it with our shorts and a pair of 70s style wedges; we just need the weather to get a little sunnier.
- 1 Everything you need to know about the Sweet Briar Road closure
- 2 Norwich cocktail bar and restaurant relaunches with new name and menu
- 3 Sewage seeps through floorboards and blocks sinks in apartment block
- 4 Supporters' fears that Spurs game at Carrow Road may turn nasty
- 5 Why NR3 is being dubbed the 'new Shoreditch'
- 6 Jailed in Norfolk: Drug dealer and man who raped teenage girl
- 7 Two men charged in connection with Class A drug dealing in Norwich
- 8 Fashion boutique to shut with FOUR MONTH closing down sale
- 9 Finishing touches added to new Tesco store in city centre
- 10 Huge 'magazine worthy' bungalow near Norwich is back up for sale for £1.1m
Sophie Gray collection shirt, �22, BHS.