Buy of the day: White shirt
If you don't like the bright bold colours of the new season go for spring's new neutral and wear white
Did you know that wearing white head to toe will actually make you look slimmer? In fact image consultants say that white is more slimming than black; it's something to do with light and other scientific theories.
So it's good news that the neutral for spring is this slimming shade.
White was on the SS11 catwalks in London, Paris, and of course Norwich - remember Norwich designer Marian Williams' dress dyed in silver birch bark? The idea is to layer white garments to create a soft, feminine look for the new season.
You may also want to watch:
Life Matters can't help worrying about getting this pristine look dirty, after all how practical are white trousers when you are working or playing with your children?
However, we love the crisp whiteness of the look as it really lifts our spirits, especially as the weather is still chilly. So how about this white shirt from Sophie Gray at BHS? It's perfect for wearing like a tunic over leggings and boots, layering with a knitted waistcoat or cardigan, and good for tucking into a pair of chinos. But really we cannot wait to wear it with our shorts and a pair of 70s style wedges; we just need the weather to get a little sunnier.
- 1 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 2 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 3 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 4 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 5 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 6 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 7 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 8 Changes in gambling habits see city bookies shutting up shop
- 9 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 10 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
Sophie Gray collection shirt, �22, BHS.