Pasta and cocktails bar opens in Norwich
- Credit: Josh Cooper
A pasta and cocktails bar has opened in Norwich in the former home of a coffee shop.
Yard opened on Pottergate earlier this month, in the building which formerly housed Rabbit coffee shop.
It has been opened by Brick Pizza co-founder George Colley with friend and colleague Nathaniel Crothers.
They have take over two floors of the building - the ground floor and the basement - with pasta dishes served throughout and cocktails and other drinks downstairs.
The pair recently added extra outdoor seating at the Church of St John Maddermarket and at neighbours Lowell for those looking to eat and drink al fresco.
Mr Colley said business had gone well since opening, which came as the government eased restrictions and ahead of them being dropped on July 19.
Their menu includes dishes such as rigatoni with sausage, creme fraiche and fennel, for £7.50, and pappardelle with nduja, mascarpone and lemon, for £7.50.
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station thrown out
- 2 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 3 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 4 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 5 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 6 Superhero City fan vows 'months of abuse' will not stop him
- 7 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 8 Two Norwich shops named among UK's best independent stores
- 9 It's going down! Demolition of car showroom begins to make way for homes
- 10 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
Yard opens from 12pm to 11.30pm from Wednesdays to Saturdays.