Pasta and cocktails bar opens in Norwich
- Credit: Josh Cooper
A pasta and cocktails bar has opened in Norwich in the former home of a coffee shop.
Yard opened on Pottergate earlier this month, in the building which formerly housed Rabbit coffee shop.
It has been opened by Brick Pizza co-founder George Colley with friend and colleague Nathaniel Crothers.
They have take over two floors of the building - the ground floor and the basement - with pasta dishes served throughout and cocktails and other drinks downstairs.
The pair recently added extra outdoor seating at the Church of St John Maddermarket and at neighbours Lowell for those looking to eat and drink al fresco.
Mr Colley said business had gone well since opening, which came as the government eased restrictions and ahead of them being dropped on July 19.
Their menu includes dishes such as rigatoni with sausage, creme fraiche and fennel, for £7.50, and pappardelle with nduja, mascarpone and lemon, for £7.50.
- 1 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 2 New café serves a hundred customers in two hours on opening day
- 3 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 4 WATCH: Bus and cyclist skip red light in city
- 5 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 6 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety
- 7 This is where you can park for free in Norwich
- 8 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 9 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 10 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
Yard opens from 12pm to 11.30pm from Wednesdays to Saturdays.