Who is opening in the Ginger fashion shop next?
- Credit: Keith Whitmore
A mother and daughter design duo are taking over the Ginger store in Norwich's Timber Hill.
Witts Design, run by Michelle and Stephanie Witts, create all of their designs by hand from a thatched studio based on the Stody estate in Breck Farm, Melton Constable.
In 2018 they opened a shop Mitgraphie in Holt.
Their designs are then adapted onto textiles and ceramics made in the UK.
They hope to open in the Grade II listed shop unit in mid September.
You may also want to watch:
Witts Design was founded in 2014 when both the designers were studying for a Bachelor of Arts degree in textile design.
"Our pieces are inspired through what we see and experience in the world around us. This allows us to explore everything from urban city life to the rural parks in the country.
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 3 Motorcyclist injured after crash on Norwich road
- 4 Egg-lobbing mob leads police to step up presence in suburb
- 5 7 of the best places to see fireworks in and around Norwich in 2021
- 6 All the fish and chip shops in Norwich with 5-star hygiene ratings
- 7 'They can't get away with it': Petrol boss defiant after spate of crimes
- 8 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 9 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 10 'They don't add up' - Mixed reaction to city development plans
"Traditional methods such as screen printing, alongside the modern digital techniques of using photoshop and illustrator, are incorporated into the process of creating such elegant designs."
Both mum and daughter are skilled n dyeing fabrics as well as a variety of embellishment processes including embroidery, beading and laser cutting.
Items for sale include their best-selling coasters adorned with images of hares and also mussels. They also stock all sorts of products for the home ranging from china mugs to lampshades, cushions and tea towels.