Why city pub blared Disney tunes out over Covid protests
- Credit: Archant
As anti-vaccine protesters gathered outside of The Murderers in Norwich - familiar and perhaps surprising music blared out of the flat above the pub.
Disney songs including the Bare Necessities, Hakuna Matata and A Whole New World provided the soundtrack, as protesters gave speeches and chanted.
And while this could easily be construed as a bid to provide some light to the situation - the real reason was much more tactical than that.
Pub landlord Phil Cutter said it was, in fact, an effort to obstruct protesters from spreading the footage online.
He said: "It was actually my son's idea - as Disney as a company is very protective of its copyright.
"Therefore, if the footage was online and included Disney music, it would soon be pulled up for copyright infringement."
It came after footage of a previous demonstration at the pub was widely shared online, resulting in him ending up on the wrong end of social media trolling.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 5 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 6 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 7 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 8 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station
- 9 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 10 Norwich man wanted by police