New mural celebrates best of popular city pub
- Credit: Danielle Booden
A mural celebrating everything a Norwich pub has to offer now adorns the side of its building.
The artwork at The Reindeer, on Dereham Road, was completed last month and has been unveiled to customers eating outdoors since restrictions were eased on April 12.
It was completed by local artist Tony Allen over the course of a weekend, and landlady Lou Wilding said it reflected what the pub was about.
She said: "We want to have something on the outside of the pub which shows what we do inside, so it incorporates the Too Fat Roasties, who do our Sunday roast, and also Dough at Deer, which is the pizza company running from our kitchen."
She said the flowers represented its garden, and the hops its wide array of local brewers and 30 ciders.
"It's really eye-catching, we have had positive comments already," she said.
She said Mr Allen braved the wintry weather we saw in April to complete the work, but had to take regular breaks to let his hands warm up.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 3 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 4 Charity boss in battle with driver who keeps nicking loading space
- 5 Community in shock as murder investigation launched
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Suburb's shock after mugging attempt leaves teen laying on path
- 8 Speed signs to FINALLY be installed at 'accident hotspot'
- 9 Norwich man crowned Britain's Best Young Chef
- 10 New pop-up dried flower store opens in Norwich
Looking forward, she said the team is looking forward to hosting live music events and welcoming back customers indoors from May 17.
She said it had been great to see Norwich bounce back so quickly, and praised both Norwich City Council for its help and the city's community of independent traders for their hard work.