New mural celebrates best of popular city pub
- Credit: Danielle Booden
A mural celebrating everything a Norwich pub has to offer now adorns the side of its building.
The artwork at The Reindeer, on Dereham Road, was completed last month and has been unveiled to customers eating outdoors since restrictions were eased on April 12.
It was completed by local artist Tony Allen over the course of a weekend, and landlady Lou Wilding said it reflected what the pub was about.
She said: "We want to have something on the outside of the pub which shows what we do inside, so it incorporates the Too Fat Roasties, who do our Sunday roast, and also Dough at Deer, which is the pizza company running from our kitchen."
She said the flowers represented its garden, and the hops its wide array of local brewers and 30 ciders.
"It's really eye-catching, we have had positive comments already," she said.
She said Mr Allen braved the wintry weather we saw in April to complete the work, but had to take regular breaks to let his hands warm up.
- 1 The top 7 fish and chip shops in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 2 Supporters' fears that Spurs game at Carrow Road may turn nasty
- 3 Nursery confirms closure following financial battle
- 4 'I'm considering living on a boat because houses are so expensive'
- 5 Man arrested after hundreds of cannabis plants seized in city
- 6 Finishing touches added to new Tesco store in city centre
- 7 Two drivers writing on notepads among 21 motorists caught in 90 minutes
- 8 Controversial work to weld bridge shut cancelled after legal row
- 9 City folk baffled after being barricaded into their own homes
- 10 Fashion boutique to shut with FOUR MONTH closing down sale
Looking forward, she said the team is looking forward to hosting live music events and welcoming back customers indoors from May 17.
She said it had been great to see Norwich bounce back so quickly, and praised both Norwich City Council for its help and the city's community of independent traders for their hard work.