Opening date for Norwich's Waterloo Park café revealed
- Credit: The Feed
A Norwich café which helps people get back into employment has announced the opening of a new site.
The Feed has been awarded the contract to operate the café at Waterloo Park, in the pavilion, by Norwich City Council.
It is set to open on Saturday, November 6.
It marks an expansion for the social enterprise which has a café in Prince of Wales Road and runs the inhouse bistro for staff at Kettle Foods in Bowthorpe.
Like its other venues, The Feed will provide work experience opportunities for people they are supporting on a journey back to work having experienced homelessness, addiction and other challenges.
Lucy Parish, CEO of The Feed, said “We’re delighted to become part of this community and run the park’s café.
“It will enable more people to enjoy our delicious food, which then funds the work we do to help people on their path back to employment. This is why we say that our food makes a difference.”
- 1 Shabby shed being used by car hobbyist is 'planning breach', council says
- 2 'No thanks or penny' - Norwich City crest designer hits out at change
- 3 'I want to leave Norwich' - Mum's anger after school attack
- 4 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 5 Anger after Sainsbury's driver smashes into tree
- 6 A look back at shoppers in Norwich over the decades
- 7 Audi driver in 30s left with serious injuries after crash
- 8 Norwich battles Omicron in bid to save Christmas
- 9 Application submitted for two new homes in front garden
- 10 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
The café will be open seven days a week from 8.30am to 4.00pm.